snack sticks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Making these little treats is a bona fide pain in the arse and every year I swear I am not going to make them again. Then on a day like today I sort of relent to the fact that they really are pretty good snacking. Its finally spring-like here....68 degrees and sunshine with a light breeze, a cold Castle Danger Ale in one hand and a couple of last falls sticks in the other. The Ale is a product of a micro brewery in Two Harbors Minnesota and is primo.

I was working on bait making all afternoon with the garage opened up and the radio making my almost deaf ears happy....I'm sure 80% of the neighborhood can hear the tunes too but I don't really give a rip. Ma decided she needed to go visiting old friends so as soon as I finished my projects I set a chair in the sun and popped the top on a cold one and started to gnaw on my treat meat. Its pretty hard getting better than this right now. Damn I'm glad I made these sticks.

Sounds like a good day Tom. It was only 58 degrees here today with light rain. But the crappie still bit pretty good.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back