So what is your favorite plinker?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VAKnight

Reaction score
When I go out for some fun, light duty plinking, I use a Ithica lever action 22 my father got for me when I was 12. I adore that rascal. It is smooth as silk, dead on, and light as a feather. The iron sites do just fine.

What about you guys...any favorite plinking rifles out there?

I have a .22 RUGER Mark II bull barrel pistol. I grab a brick and head to the range for plinkin'.

My plinker is my Marlin .22 mag model 922M semi-auto. Great squirrel gun!

DSC_0033-1.jpg

VAKnight,
Ithaca saddle gun was my first rifle also. Got it when I was 7. I'd like to know how many critters, birds, chipmunks, rats (dad and I used to shoot at a dump), and other vermin fell to it.

My plinkers are an old Winchester model 62, and a S&W 617, both .22's

Marlin 39A Mountie. Was my dad's gun as a kid and mine growing up. Iron sights and shoots and handles like a dream :D

Winchester 9422M 22 Magnum with deluxe walnut and a Sports South Exclusive Ruger MKIII Standard 6" Stainless.

Daman

Lately, I have been "plinking" with my Model 12 shooting clays! I need to go back to shooting my 22's, this $65 for 250 shells is getting in the wallet fast!

Savage .22 mag. stainless bull barrel with accutriger ..bolt action .ps no semi auto for me i make sure the first bullet hits its mark ...ground hog that was on my property without my permission ..

22_mag11.jpg

Back