Son got his first College Offer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Towards the end of my son's junior year a recruiter from Virginia started steady talking to him about coming to Hampden Sydney College. We went up to tour.Oldest private men's college in the US.
Very nice school. Staff ratio is 11-1.Small classes and with a dual enrollment program, he can have a Masters in Engineering in 5 years rather than 7 or 8. Unfortunately they do not offer athletic scholarships, only Academic, his GPA is 4.3. Other recruiters won't start to later in football season. I don't know what he will do, I sure am proud of him tho!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230623-170142_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230623-170142_Twitter.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230623_151857.jpg
    20230623_151857.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
4.3 GPA? I thought 4.0 was the highest? But congratulations to your son. Seems yous son has more restraint than I did as an 18 yo man.
At that age women ranked right up there with hunting on my priority list!

4.3 GPA? I thought 4.0 was the highest? But congratulations to your son. Seems yous son has more restraint than I did as an 18 yo man.
At that age women ranked right up there with hunting on my priority list!
They do alot of stuff differently these days.I stay confused with the school system. They are not using SAT scores .They have a new test , I forgot what they call it.Yeah , GPA is different. I don't know if it's NC or everywhere but that's what the school claimed it was at the end of the year.He could have graduated this past year, but he would have missed his senior year. My daughter could have graduated her Junior year, but wanted to graduate with her friends. The school system here is very different from when I went to school.

Congratulations to you both; must be an outstanding young man. Gives me hope for the future
Thank you very much! He's a good one, never gave us any problems .Say yes sir and yes ma'am to adults and has a big heart, strong as a bull.He does like to strut around like a banty rooster showing off his muscles. He ain't got nothing on the "Dad" bod though,🤣🤣

They do alot of stuff differently these days.I stay confused with the school system. They are not using SAT scores .They have a new test , I forgot what they call it.Yeah , GPA is different. I don't know if it's NC or everywhere but that's what the school claimed it was at the end of the year.He could have graduated this past year, but he would have missed his senior year. My daughter could have graduated her Junior year, but wanted to graduate with her friends. The school system here is very different from when I went to school.
You've got some serious frontal lobes running in the family. Congrats!

Latest posts

Back