speedloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
You guys are aware of the buddy I set up a 10mlII for last fall. Well he is very happy with it but he asked me a question the other day on the phone and I could not answer it. He was looking for a speedloader to use with his rifle and wanted one that held powder,bullet,sabot, and the 209 primer. Personally I could care less about such a thing, but he thought it was the way to go. Anybody know where he can get such an animal?

Thompson/Center make several speed loaders. Probably many other manufacturers too.

Thanks Del, I know they do, but do any have a place for the primer?

Rifleman said:
Thanks Del, I know they do, but do any have a place for the primer?
Some do smoe don't,T/C makes several "speedloaders". Got to Thompson/Center website for pics.

Dwight, They make 2 kinds,one that is divided in half,and the ones that are a straight push through design. I have severeal kinds here to get rid of.Send Pats address or I will get them to you and he can make up his own mind.

Should have been more clear. He is looking for one that :
A- has a separate chamber for the powder
B- has a separate chamber for the bullet/sabot
C- has a separate area,chamber, or exterior holder for a 209 primer.

Rifleman said:
Should have been more clear. He is looking for one that :
A- has a seperate chamber for the powder
B- has a seperate chamber for the bullet/sabot
C- has a seperate area,chamber, or exterior holder for a 209 primer.
Dwight,He may have to settle for a 209 capper,and one of the divided speed-loaders

Hi Rifleman:

Great minds must travel the same path. I was looking for the exact same setup. I looked at four different locations and couldn't find what I want. I checked Cabelas, Dicks, and Bass Pro. I found them at Natchez.

What he wants to order is the Butler Creek ( QUICK LOADER ) Universal size. It is DIVIDED in the middle. at the shorter end it will hold a 250 grain bullet with sabot and just dump the 209 primer on top and close the cap. The other end will hold your powder. But I went one better. I get a 270 WSM empty case, fill it with my powder charge, cap it with a rubber eraser refil from Pentel (PDE-1) size found at Staples and Target stores. Put the case inside the quick load tube. Now I have a powder charge with a built in funnel to pur down the barrel and the bullet , sabot, and primer in the other end. ... :) works great.

Regards... Jim P.

Thank you but we are still looking for:
C- has a separate area,chamber, or exterior holder for a 209 primer.

Separate-adjective
existing or happening independently or in a different physical space:

Hi Rifleman:

I looked for over a month, I couldn't find any with 209 primer holder attached. It was hard enough to find one with divided chambers. The Butler Creek has the top opening for a cap not a primer.

I checed the T/C ones and the ones I saw have the cut out for a cap not a primer also. That is why I just put the 209 primer on top of the bullet and close the cap, it is right there when you pop the cap.

Good luck in your search....

Rifleman said:
He was looking for a speedloader to use with his rifle and wanted one that held powder,bullet,sabot, and the 209 primer.
How about this one from T/C? :idea:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&parentId=cat20819&id=0020967

I have one of them. You can put powder in two of the tubes, a couple of bullet/sabots in the third tube and the top of the contraption holds four 209 primers. If the tubes are too long for your liking, you can bandsaw them down to your preferred length.

I some several years back I think from Cabelas that was Traditions brand clear with seperate powder/bullet chamber combo. It would be big for smokeless but would work. :)

Hi Nic:

Saw that one at Cabelas, the tube is not divided. Because regualr black powder is so much finer in grain than BP, it seems to get around the sabot without a divider.. Just makes a mess sometimes.

I use one like the one pictured for my X-150 carrying the (3) pellets and a TC 250 shockwave, works great with that, but not the ML-10.

Regards... Jim P.

Back