Sad day father passed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Cocked

Reaction score
Hello my modern muzzle loader family. Yesterday was a very sad and unfortunate day. My father passed away.

He was only 77 he suffered a stroke and I suspect it was not the only one but the last in a series of strokes.

He was feeling “forgetful” in his own words. He made an appointment as we thought it was the early onset of Alzheimer’s. Unfortunately I came downstairs to see him acting very strange as if he was completely out of it. I called 911 immediately and they did a ct scan confirming a clot at the base of the brain. He went into surgery the clot was removed however the damage was done. The scan revealed that his brain was starved for long enough to spread to the center of the brain.

This center controls non voluntary functions such as breathing. The area was also swollen and pressure was on the cerebral cortex to quote the doctor. His cortex is squished like a pancake.

I and the docs tried everything we could but even he had woken up it would have meant a life on a respirator with a feeding tube. He was completely unresponsive no pupil dilation little to no movement under extreme stimulation. The wonderful loving man I knew as my father was not in there.

The decision was made by me to call a person of the faith pray and administer morphine and finally remove the machine that was breathing for him.

I held onto him praying as he passed quietly without a sound or whimper into the Lords light. I take comfort knowing that his brother and sisters must be happy to see him again. As well as his mother whom he loved so much.

That man. My father did everything for me and my daughter. We were his only concern and it showed in his day to day life.

I had my differences with him however we recently made amends (mostly by me changing the way I thought about him). He must have known something was amiss because he made certain we were doing well. Me with my new job and my daughter with her boyfriend.

He slipped away peacefully and I hope that now he finally is free of that pain that he experienced nearly every day. Rest well and be with your family father I love so much. I will see you again when the Lord determines my mission is done here on this earth.

There just aren't any words at a time like this, but know prayers are reaching out for you, your daughter, your family and for your fathers journey ahead.

So sorry to hear this. God Bless, bud!

Hello my modern muzzle loader family. Yesterday was a very sad and unfortunate day. My father passed away.

He was only 77 he suffered a stroke and I suspect it was not the only one but the last in a series of strokes.

He was feeling “forgetful” in his own words. He made an appointment as we thought it was the early onset of Alzheimer’s. Unfortunately I came downstairs to see him acting very strange as if he was completely out of it. I called 911 immediately and they did a ct scan confirming a clot at the base of the brain. He went into surgery the clot was removed however the damage was done. The scan revealed that his brain was starved for long enough to spread to the center of the brain.

This center controls non voluntary functions such as breathing. The area was also swollen and pressure was on the cerebral cortex to quote the doctor. His cortex is squished like a pancake.

I and the docs tried everything we could but even he had woken up it would have meant a life on a respirator with a feeding tube. He was completely unresponsive no pupil dilation little to no movement under extreme stimulation. The wonderful loving man I knew as my father was not in there.

The decision was made by me to call a person of the faith pray and administer morphine and finally remove the machine that was breathing for him.

I held onto him praying as he passed quietly without a sound or whimper into the Lords light. I take comfort knowing that his brother and sisters must be happy to see him again. As well as his mother whom he loved so much.

That man. My father did everything for me and my daughter. We were his only concern and it showed in his day to day life.

I had my differences with him however we recently made amends (mostly by me changing the way I thought about him). He must have known something was amiss because he made certain we were doing well. Me with my new job and my daughter with her boyfriend.

He slipped away peacefully and I hope that now he finally is free of that pain that he experienced nearly every day. Rest well and be with your family father I love so much. I will see you again when the Lord determines my mission is done here on this earth.
A very fine tribute to your father. He reminds me of mine, tugged at my heart!
God rest his soul and peace be with you brother.

Brian

So sorry for your/all’s loss. I did, too, last Thanksgiving. He was 91, at home his whole life. Hunter, shooter, soldier, patriot, husband, grandfather, great grandfather, travelling man, and FATHER. I miss him everyday. I think of him almost everyday. God gives us memory and for a good reason. Mom is still alive and well at 85 and we watch after her. This biggest thing is, the next time you walk in to his house, and he’s not there, well………I’ve told my two kids, “When you take your last breath, it doesn’t matter how much money or property you own, all you have left is your name and reputation, and your’s is good.” Dad helped us all get there!

Sorry to hear Half-cocked. I know what you're feeling. I lost my dad when he was only 68 only I wasn't there when he passed. My mom later told me that he was hanging on she thinks waiting for me. He was so out of it she told me he passed right after I talked to him I guess thinking I was there. Something you don't have to think about the rest of your life. You were there with him and he knew it. God bless and I will pray for comfort for you and your family.

Latest posts

Back