Speedloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on what gun I'm using. For my Encores and Shockwaves I like the TC U View Flex Loader. For my side hammer guns I like the Butler Creek Speed loaders when using powder and either patched balls or conicals. Heck I've even loaded straight from a powder horn on my side hammers too.

Curtis

I'm not sure of the brand I use but I like speedloaders with a seperate chamber for both the powder and bullet because I mainly use loose powder.

I like to use loose powder and have not found a speed loader that I like yet. Still looking. Hoping someone will have a good suggestion here.

You can make custom speed loaders out of simple PVC pipe and end caps. I like the 1/2 pipe cut about 4-5 inches long. I attach one end permanent and the other cap I paint red, so I know what end to pull off to dump the powder. I carry my projectiles seperate. Although I am going to change a little and try some experiments with the White to see how fast I can load from this manner. Just for fun.

Now my friend does not glue the ends shut. He made a custom short starter and he pulls the white cap which hold the projectile first and puts his thumb over it. He then pulls the red cap, dumps his powder, then sets that over the muzzle. Then with his short starter he actually seats the projectile right out of the other end of the PVC. I do not do that, but it is surprising how fast he can load a rifle. He claims to him, the PVC is nothing more then a breech that has not been seated yet. And of course PVC is cheap.

If the ends are loose at all, wrap a piece of clear packing tape around the PVC and the cap will tighten right up. You can then carry as many shots as you want in your pocket and they are waterproof.

Cayuga
That sounds great. I have some old red tubes that are similar. One end is capped the other has a starter. It workd great with the pellets. I am going to test it with loose powder to see if the loose powder gets behind the sabot after rolling around in my coat for awhile. I really like the PVC idea. Off to Lowes in the morning.

If you're willing to spend the money ($30) the RMC Magnum E.C. Loader is awesome. It holds 3 shots. With a turn of the cylinder, the next load drops down the barrell and then push on the ball starter (part of the loader) and use your ramrod to drive it home.

The easiest and cheapest loaders I found are the tubes for 777 or Pyrodex pellots. Put in your load backwards, put on the cap, and when you're ready to use it, take the cap off and turn the tube upside down and everything slides out.

Latest posts

Back