speed loader carry options

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since my seasons over ive been thinking of ways to carry my speedloaders that would make loading quicker and easier to use atm i carry 5 on and string attached to my shooting bag

I've posted this b4 but it's worth repeating.
UZRDn4d.jpg

This is what I used if a follow up shot was needed when I shot .54 ca conicals:
A crimped 28 ga shotgun shell with blackpowder and a lubed slug in saran wrap held in place by the crimp. Saves time when you don't have to worry about saving a tube.

Louie

I use 2 T/C speed loaders on my sling and 2 in my coat pocket. 3 with powder and one with 3 bullet/sabots.

I have a few of these U-view Flex loaders. I keep 2 on a neck lanyard and one in a pocket.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...r-accessories/tc-u-view-flex-loader/p/1105907
I used those for awhile and still have them but I find that with BH209 and a sabot/bullet that the powder will get between the tube wall and sabot and wedge the bullet in the tube. You can get them out by rolling them in your fingers and crushing the offending grains of powder but it’s annoying.
Now I mostly have the T/C ones with a built in ball starter.

I used those for awhile and still have them but I find that with BH209 and a sabot/bullet that the powder will get between the tube wall and sabot and wedge the bullet in the tube. You can get them out by rolling them in your fingers and crushing the offending grains of powder but it’s annoying.
Now I mostly have the T/C ones with a built in ball starter.
I tried using them that way, too. Now i have two bullets in one tube, and powder loads in the other two tubes.

Had this issue as well. Muzz charger tubes are just a hair smaller diameter; and don't seem to have this issue with BH.

i keep looking at that ENCORE50A . would be nice if they had designed it with a place for a primer . BTW .... does anyone know the outside diameted of the tube that holds the powder charge ? was wondering if it could be used with other brands of charge tubes (i know their diameter would have to be measured) since their tubes a kinda pricy compared to what is available .

i keep looking at that ENCORE50A . would be nice if they had designed it with a place for a primer . BTW .... does anyone know the outside diameted of the tube that holds the powder charge ? was wondering if it could be used with other brands of charge tubes (i know their diameter would have to be measured) since their tubes a kinda pricy compared to what is available .
They do work with other brand charge tubes including the CVA Paramount tubes, the original Western Powders tubes, and the muzzle-loaders.com tubes.

Also, a separate primer holder that integrates with the existing design is in the works.

Latest posts

Back