Sportsmens Warehouse

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To our valued customers,

A year ago, Sportsman’s Warehouse entered into a merger agreement with Great American Outdoors, parent company of Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. Effective December 2, 2021, that merger agreement was terminated. We at Sportsman’s Warehouse are excited to continue operating as a separate, independent and publicly-traded company.
As we enter 2022, we look forward to continuing our strong growth – adding more stores, improving Sportsmans.com, and expanding our product assortment and services. Our mission to provide outstanding gear and exceptional service remains unchanged.

Jon Barker
CEO
Sportsman’s Warehouse
Thank you Jesus!

I remember the first time shopping at Cabela's in Dundee Michigan back in 1999/2000 timeframe.
It was their customer appreciation sale they held each fall. These were real sales, unlike today's BS where everyday is the 'sale of the century'.
Today, I get tired of being bombarded with fliers/emails... sorry, I digress.
Cabela's also had the end of year sale for those who carried their credit cards. True employee discount pricing, no BS.
During the off-sale periods, Cabela's prices were generally a little higher than other hunting/fishing retailers. Fine by me. That small markup more than paid for itself with the excellent service and friendly staff. I would occasionally ask if the employees enjoyed working there...pretty much all yes's and it showed.
Cabela's took back my returns without hassle, even several months after the purchase.
Since the merger, things sure have changed.
Thanks for the info mm
The Sydney Nebraska location used to have the most amazing spring garage sale stuff went out the door for pennies on the dollar. I once bought a barrel full of light and ultra light spinning poles and outfitted about half the kids in our little town. Grand times!

It was really a sad day that BP stopped keeping any of the guarantee’s on Cabelas branded products. I didn’t return a lot of stuff, it was just the reassurance that you new Cabelas stood behind what they sold.

The Sydney Nebraska location used to have the most amazing spring garage sale stuff went out the door for pennies on the dollar. I once bought a barrel full of light and ultra light spinning poles and outfitted about half the kids in our little town. Grand times!
You are a very kind and generous person. The world needs more like you for sure!

We made a couple of long weekend vacation trips just to go to their sales.

Home Depot just changed the method by which one proves one is a veteran. I do not know all the details. However, they have not restricted me to small items for the discount. Multiple times I have made several thousand dollar purchases and been given the discount. A good portion of the materials purchased for the house I just built came from HD.
When I bought the flooring, they gave me a volume discount, and then the veterans discount on top of that.

Home Depot just changed the method by which one proves one is a veteran. I do not know all the details. However, they have not restricted me to small items for the discount. Multiple times I have made several thousand dollar purchases and been given the discount. A good portion of the materials purchased for the house I just built came from HD.
When I bought the flooring, they gave me a volume discount, and then the veterans discount on top of that.
I had a similar experience at Lowes. Purchased all of our appliances for our new home on sale and then they added in the 10% veterans discount. On top off that I received a $250.00 gift card since I bought 4 appliances.

We use to have a Sportsmans Warehouse, here in Wisconsin, but they closed it about 15 yrs ago when they went thru a bancrupcy, and concentrated on the west coast.
It was a great store. I wish theyed come back.

Dave

Latest posts

Back