Spring Turkey Bragging

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerock

Reaction score
Here is my latest conquest from the spring turkey woods.
489927-big.jpg

The bird weighed 19lb. 13oz. with a 10" beard and a pair of 7/8" spurs. Not a real trophy for Kansas, but a good solid bird.

I was using a jealousy decoy setup (jake and a hen) I set up on a partially cut corn field where the turkeys enter and leave on the way to the roost. It was getting close to sundown and he was working my way. I had been calling quietly so he was expecting to see a hen when he crested a rise close to the edge of the field. When he saw the jake with a hen he came running. He was strutting and picking on the jake but when he came out of the strut and stuck his head up he got rolled!

Those mature toms just hate to see jakes with hens!!! :lol:

Anyone else with pictures of a successful turkey hunt should feel free to add them to this thread. I would be interested to see what other folks here are taking this spring.

That's a nice bird.... I'll be out on Wednesday the 25th... that is our opening day...

Monday is the start of the Ohio season but we can only hunt until noon. Nice bird.

Here is the Bird I killed Tuesday in Missouri with my White Thunder.

10 inch Beard with 1 inch Spurs.

000_1720.jpg

oneshot

I have not been on in awhile, but I'll brag on my bird.
By 7AM 2nd morning of the Indiana season I got a 24# bird with 1 23 mm spur and 1 25 mm spur neither were as sharpas they should have been because they had been broken. He had his beard nearly all rubbed off from breeding. There are pics of him in this photo album. http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictu ... 4287255809

Me and my pard had a pretty good year, here are a few pics. I killed a really good bird the last day of the season, but I do not have any pics of him. He had a 13" beard and 1 13/16 hooks. He is at the taxidermist for a full body mount...........Blake

PICT0043-1-1.jpg

PICT0023-1.jpg

excellent birds and excellent photos... good job people..

Good birds. It looks like there is a fox in the turkey house in the one picture.

Yes sir, she was about 11 yards away when I hit her with the 3 1/2 mag........Blake

I shot one at about 11 feet once with a slug gun, the slug traveled length wise through the fox. The pelt was not worth saving.

Much congrats...Beautiful bird Bluerock & others who nailed a magnificant Trophy Gobbler!!!

Yep, baggin a Spring Longbeard is worthy of a lil Braggin for sure!! :yeah:

Here's my 2007 Spring Gobbler...22 LBS, 10.5" Beard w/1 1/18" Spurs:

Me & Gobbler

Meturkgun.jpg

Gobbler On Camp Porch W/Browning

turkgunporch.jpg

Man Painless, You guys are tooooooo intense for your own gooood. :lol:

Nice birds....but deer season ain't over yet. :wink:

Latest posts

Back