Striper Killer!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Hope a nice Striper will grab one of these as fast as I did while at Cabelas this past week!!! Man, I just couldnt resist. :lol:

Storm's Wildeye Live Anchovy. 6" length, 1.5 oz & rigged with high quality VMC hooks!

Whut ya think Rifleman aka Striper King? :lol:

DSCF0270.jpg

Storm has been making those wildeyes for some time in all kinds of shapes, sizes and colours. The look great. Have some in my tackle box that look like perch. Haven't had a chance to test them yet but hope the walleyes love 'em. :D

Been usin them for many years but this Live Anchovy offering with Holographic Flash foil is their first of its kind. I look forward to that first cast!

I have used the Storm halographic wildeye in shad configuration with some success on stripers, whites and hybreds.

We don't have any anchovies in our lakes down here. We do have threadfin shad.

Live shad underlights, trolling shad or imitations and vertical jigging with lead spoons is popular down here.

What methods do you "yankees" use for stripers, hybreds and whites?

I have caught quite a few Stripes on the Wildeye shad, 5 and 6 in. But I do like that anchovy, I have not seem them for sale around here, but I think they might work in my lake. If I see some I am gonna buy me some too.
I think they will be a fine bait Loggy.

Del, up here I troll with boards with jigs/trailers, or stormshads. Sometimes cast same baits, also slow troll with live bluegill. Just depends on conditions.

RMAN,

That Avatar is much better lookin than prior one!!! :lol:

RAZORBACK said:
I have used the Storm halographic wildeye in shad configuration with some success on stripers, whites and hybreds.

We don't have any anchovies in our lakes down here. We do have threadfin shad.

Live shad underlights, trolling shad or imitations and vertical jigging with lead spoons is popular down here.

What methods do you "yankees" use for stripers, hybreds and whites?

Del,

My favorite method is Live Lining small white perch (5-6 inchers) or large pike size shiners. Use no weight with flourocarbon leader. Live eels work great also if you can get them. This method is extremely effective in the Chesapeake Bay fishing for saltwater stripers aka Rockfish.

Another great Striper lure when you cant get the real McCoy! :lol:

When I buy the Felmlee Rubber Eels I buy in a 10 Pack (8") & then get lead heads separate. A lil cheaper plus you get the Gamakatsu X-Heavy quality hooks in the Black Magic Heads.

DSCF0271.jpg

Heck Loggy, Rifleman is going to have to get a new boat just to carry all his gear! :D That little 'ol 40 hp won't be able to get up on a plane......

Blue-Dot-37.5

LOL BD. I can identify to that. More the reason for a boat upgrade!

Back