Swamp People

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smyrnagc

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
From time-to-time I watch Troy and Swamp people on TV. It makes me smile and amazed at how they get gators and snakes.

But I have one question about when they go looking for Pythons. How in the world do they walk where they walk in shorts and cut off sleeves and not get Lime Disease? I'm watching a guy catch a 12' Python in the Louisiana swamps in shorts, cutoff sleeves on a t shirt and barefooted. Walking through basically a swamp forest.

I would have so many ticks and chiggers that you might as well shoot me to put me out of my misery!

I absolutely hate ticks. I ended up with 6 of the hitch hikers while I was at my place in Oklahoma the first part of the week, but I felt them crawling and got them off before they attached.

Louisiana appears to only have a handful of cases of Lyme disease a year, I don’t know if that means they don’t have a lot of ticks or if the ticks just don’t tend to carry Lyme?
I live in an area with lots of both, I’ve been tested several times for tick borne diseases and I’ve never tested positive, I also am in the woods all summer picking mushrooms and usually in shorts. I find ticks to be most aggressive in early spring and late fall and in between I hardly ever have one crawling on me.
I used to watch Swamp People all the time but don’t anymore, my favorite characters were those 2 brothers and the show hasn’t been the same without them. I’ve grown weary of the alligator stuff and wish there was more other stuff.

Latest posts

Back