T/C Coming back????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right after the S&W acquisition I spoke to a 30 year TC employee, and he told me everyone there was just miserable. They were immediately inundated and managed by bean counters who forbade them from doing most of the lifetime warranty work they had always done, adhering to just the absolute minimum. He practically whispered to me on the phone as to how much the old time TC folks hated the new administration.

I had sent in my old 1978 .50 Hawken flintlock lock because I heard they used to replace it with the new style lock (color case hardened) that had a better angle from the flint to the frizzen, and other improvements, and wanted them to check the frizzen for hardness and told him the ignition problems I’d been having. He told me they were out of the replacement parts and he wasn’t allowed to send me anything anyway under the new regime. In any case he completely rebuilt it for me, really improving the reliability, and sent me several of the new style touchhole sleeves and some agate flints feee of charge, great guy.

I kick myself every day for not buying an original Contender frame in the late ‘70’s or 1980’s and some uppers for it. TC wouldn’t even sell them in CA at the end because they knew their quality pistols wouldn’t pass the BS “drop 10 feet onto concrete when cocked” test the CA gun banner “safety” people came up with.

I think if they do come back they won't do well and the reason why is if they don't put there rifles in gun stores or walmart then they won't sell.
Also everyone is going with breakaction ML and I'm no fan of those at all.
It's the reason CVA is the #1 seller in the US because you can find them anywhere.
I once was a big T/C guy I own a few but since I found out about Knight I'm just Perfectly happy with them.
But maybe whoever buys T/C will get the ball rolling and come out with some great stuff.
We shall see.

I hope someone does resurrect T/C but making muzzleloaders in the US and getting them into the market at a competitive price won’t be easy.
They would only need to compete with Knight and Woodman, tho. I believe the”Made In The USA” would make half the sales, even if they only have fairly decent product that people are looking for. A bolt model and a break model would cover 70-80%. Then maybe a sidelock? Easy-peasy. Add some caliber and finish options, all things that cf builders already do(except for sidelocks)

They would only need to compete with Knight and Woodman, tho. I believe the”Made In The USA” would make half the sales, even if they only have fairly decent product that people are looking for. A bolt model and a break model would cover 70-80%. Then maybe a sidelock? Easy-peasy. Add some caliber and finish options, all things that cf builders already do(except for sidelocks)
Not sure about that. I would guess that CVA right now probably sells more muzzleloaders than Knight and Woodman arms combined. I would guess Traditions probably sell more than the two US builders as well.
Just a guess.

Evidently you dislike a person stating their opinion. Starting hate i don't think so. Put me on your ignore list bub
No I dislike people spewing uninformed garbage. I spoke to people at TC after S&W bought them they were more upset than the consumers. Hate might be a strong word, but your ignorance is outstanding. As far as the ignore list I have been ignoring you for some time now, so no problem, we can agree on one thing.

Not sure about that. I would guess that CVA right now probably sells more muzzleloaders than Knight and Woodman arms combined. I would guess Traditions probably sell more than the two US builders as well.
Just a guess.
CVA is everywhere. It would be hard to compete in the market. The product offering would have to be price competitive; too many people are looking for bottom dollar not quality, not that CVAs aren't worth it, but there have been a lot of reported issues and maybe not the best resolutions. Bring back the Omega it has a awesome reputation.

Just based on the two video clips I’ve seen they’re clearly bringing the Encore back. I suspect that will be their bread and butter. I’m gonna guess that they will sell both centerfire and muzzleloader.

Something I just thought of-
SSK got the rights to the Contender, and I had read that they were already in the process of bringing the Encore back. Any possibility that SSK is the company that bought TC?

Just based on the two video clips I’ve seen they’re clearly bringing the Encore back. I suspect that will be their bread and butter. I’m gonna guess that they will sell both centerfire and muzzleloader.

Something I just thought of-
SSK got the rights to the Contender, and I had read that they were already in the process of bringing the Encore back. Any possibility that SSK is the company that bought TC?
Good chance

No I dislike people spewing uninformed garbage. I spoke to people at TC after S&W bought them they were more upset than the consumers. Hate might be a strong word, but your ignorance is outstanding. As far as the ignore list I have been ignoring you for some time now, so no problem, we can agree on one thing.
You must like continuing this verbal barrage on me. Doesn't bother me, but is getting to you. Rant rave whatever, i shall do the same. You spoke , oh yeah !

If T/C comes back it better be with the Omega.
I’m going to make a prediction, and it’s probably not going to be popular. Again “IF” TC comes back, the only muzzleloader they’ll produce will be on the Encore platform. I hope I’m wrong.

Back