T/C Coming back????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. IN MY OPINION, bring back traditional muzzleloaders would be a money losing proposition, because other than the people on this board, I don’t know a single person that hunts with or even shoots a sidelock.
The vast majority of muzzleloader hunters aren’t really muzzleloader enthusiasts but only use them to add more days to their hunting season.
I do think the only “logical” muzzleloader addition to the TC line would be a smokeless.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring up his reported violations.
I’d bet if the truth be known EVERY SINGLE hunting personality has been involved in questionable activities for the sake of an “episode”. A few get caught but most never do.

Last edited:
I agree. IN MY OPINION, bring back traditional muzzleloaders would be a money losing proposition, because other than the people on this board, I don’t know a single person that hunts with or even shoots a sidelock.
The vast majority of muzzleloader hunters aren’t really muzzleloader enthusiasts but only use them to add more days to their hunting season.
I hunt with side-lock percussion and flintlock muzzleloaders.

I do think the only “logical” muzzleloader addition to the TC line would be a smokeless.
I was a T/C fan for over 40 years. Have a Renegade in 54 cal, and an Omega 50. used to have multiple contenders. Hated it when T/C sold out to S&W. Hated it worse when T/C was dropped by S&W.
Kinda like Cabelas, once the original owners passed/retired the company suffered.
Now a Smokeless would be awesome especially if it was one of quality like their old stuff. Be pretty easy if they used the Encore platform.

I’d bet if the truth be known EVERY SINGLE hunting personality has been involved in questionable activities for the sake of an “episode”. A few get caught but most never do.
Don't remember the details but I remember a well known hunting figure who got busted. Probably 20+ years ago.
His name was Noel Feather?

Wasn`t Mr. Ritz involved with Mission crossbows at one time? I`ve seen him on their commercials from years back. I got to give it to him he has gotten around.

I don't give a rip if T/C comes back. And even if they introduce something along the lines of a bolt, I ain't buying. That Patriot is the epitome of everything I need in a muzzy and for T/C to compete with an established Woodman Arms, their products are going to have to be something else and most likely smokeless.

As toytruck has mentioned, T/C had baggage the last time they were resurrected and to enter the market today with something that might compete with Woodman will take some doing. Look at all the people who've been screwed over by T/C because they folded and left people with no warranty so whatever warranty is offered with this "new" T/C outfit had better cover those who left people in a lurch. AND, Woodman, I believe, already has his plan in action for a bolt rifle. That's a lot of catch up for whoever takes over T/C.

Something else to think about is the climate today towards gun control. People thinking that muzzies are going to remain unaffected should start thinking again. Anti-gun lobbies are prevalent and getting stronger and it would not surprise me one bit that muzzies become one of the next targets. Right here at home we saw a Somali who broke into a man's home and shot him three times... with a black powder revolver. When idiots like this are using the so-called "untouchable" weapons in crimes like this, it's getting negative attention. Trying to kick start a company that has already failed at least twice before and in today's anti-gun climate, is folly at best. Ask yourself this.... Why did the company fail when this person was at the head of the table prior folding?

Last edited:
i understand that they are in business to make $ so they won’t mention it but its hard (for me) to forget the last 13+ years… qla, no warranty coverage, no parts, no guns. As a collective, ‘We The People’ have a pretty short memory. We still remember being let down by CVA, a couple times.

Back