t/c hawkens/spitfires

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deldeerhunter

Reaction score
as soon as i get the time im going to try the 245gr.spitfires out of my omega.....i was wondering has anyone had any luck shooting them out of the percussion hawkens??? if so what charge did you sit them on?? what kind of group did you get?? (thinking of breaking the hawkens out again this year)....thanks for the feedback...

T/C HAWKENS

I never shot the spit fires out of my hawkens flinter,but I can say the t/c hawkens will print some excellent groups with the buffalo 375 SSB bullet with 85 grains of goex 3f.
I also found the the hawkens likes the precision keith HP 350 grainers with the green sabot again using 85 grains of goex .

Never shot any spitfires also. The other day when I was shooting my .50 caliber Hawkins Flintlock, just for fun I got some T/C Cheapshots out. I loaded 90 grains of Goex 3f and put a Cheapshot down the bore. I had some soda pop cans set out at about 35 yards and proceeded to knock them over one by one. The rifle actually shot them very well.

Latest posts

Back