T/C Impact Barrel Screws Loose

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was cleaning my T/C Impact the other day, when I noticed that the breech wouldn't lock in the receiver. I took the stock and forearm off and found that the hinge block was attached to the barrel by two small screws. One of these screws was loose and the other has fallen out. I was able to get the screws back in and tightened, but the rear screw is difficult to tighten without removing the hinge pin and taking the barrel off. I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced this? I deer hunt with my Impact and typically fire it two or three times a year over the last ten years. Every few years, I'll get it out for a practice session and shoot it five or ten times. I have never had a problem in the field and never noticed the loose screws until now. The barrel hinge block attachment is the only thing that I have had to complain about. I have two Impact rifles, one scoped and the other with iron sights and the other rifle appears to be OK. When hunting season ends, I plan to take the rifle apart, clean the oil off and Loctite the screws in. I don't feel uncomfortable shooting it as long as the screws are tight, but the fact that they may come loose concerns me.

This is the bane of latter day Omegas, where TC decided to replace the welded lugs with lugs secured to the barrel with torx screws (size T8). They all eventually get loose and will affect accuracy. And, as you discovered, the screws underneath the trigger assembly are a b!tch to access.

Go to this thread and click the link to learn how to remove the trigger assembly to access the screws. The link opens up to a pdf and works as of 12/6/2023. I recommend saving the .pdf to your own computer.

About a year ago I contacted TC to get some replacement screws and to my surprise they responded and sent them to me no charge. One of the few things they still have parts for.

Once you get access to all the hex screws I recommend using Loctite threadlocker (RED, the permanent stuff) to get them to stay tight.

And of course thanks to sabotloader, for the pictorial.

Last edited:
This is the bane of latter day Omegas, where TC decided to replace the welded lugs with lugs secured to the barrel with torx screws (size T8). They all eventually get loose and will affect accuracy. And, as you discovered, the screws underneath the trigger assembly are a b!tch to access.

Go to this thread and click the link to learn how to remove the trigger assembly to access the screws. The link opens up to a pdf and works as of 12/6/2023. I recommend saving the .pdf to your own computer.

About a year ago I contacted TC to get some replacement screws and to my surprise they responded and sent them to me no charge. One of the few things they still have parts for.

Once you get access to all the hex screws I recommend using Loctite threadlocker (RED, the permanent stuff) to get them to stay tight.

And of course thanks to sabotloader, for the pictorial.
The Impact is somewhat simpler to disassemble, but it has a partially splined hinge pin which can only come out one way. It's not obvious which way that is.

The Impact is somewhat simpler to disassemble, but it has a partially splined hinge pin which can only come out one way. It's not obvious which way that is.
With the Omega, I also learned that the hard way, banging away at the pin, only to realize that I was hitting it from the wrong side. In the link I provided, I believe you should follow the pics, meaning lay out the action, with the barrel pointing to your left. That way the pin should come out fairly easy with a hammer and punch.

My guess is that the Impact has a similar set up.

Latest posts

Back