T/C Omega Woodman Brux barrel pic

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stuck with the original stock and it fit like a charm. I’m thinking I should’ve had it threaded for a muzzle brake, but I’ve never been shy about recoil. I may get another stock for it eventually but works for me right now. I just want to make sure smokeless muzzleloading is a route I will stick with before I put a bunch more money out.

Congrats on the new Omega setup. I haven't seen one from Mark yet that hasn't been a shooter.

Might as well go ahead and order that stock now. Once you get out to shoot a couple times and realize you can go home and just be done shooting, no cleaning required if you don't want to, you'll appreciate it. The first time is a little weird because it feels like you should be cleaning something. Then you realize you can stay out and shoot an extra 15 minutes. Remember you don't have to shoot the max loads. You can back off them a little and still get great results without beating yourself up.

I’ll stick with the original stock for now, I like the look. I won’t go max loads with it either. Where I hunt now I won’t have over a 150 yard shot, so I’ll find a good easy shooting load.
Get some N110, Harvester light blue sabots, Eastern Maine wool wads, Fury 40 cal 225gr bullets. Start around 30gr and work up.

Posted on the other board....
I went the opposite direction as everyone else when I had my conversion done. My objective was simple, a </= 150 yard low recoil deer killing gun. My black blue Scout is set up for the lighter sabot loads. It has the longer DI plug from Hankins. It takes most of the 45-70 chamber out. I wanted to shoot the faster powders like N110. I shoot bullets mainly from 180gr to 225gr. I tried sabotless but I prefer to shoot a saboted 40 cal 180 - 225gr bullet with N110 than a sabotless 45 cal 250 - 275gr bullet with 4198.

Here’s a quick pic of my new Woodman Brux barreled Omega. I had a little time this morning to put it together. I still need to bed the barrel, which will be a first for me, but that will be another day.

View attachment 33991
Get yourself a Bradley cheek weld piece. It makes a world a difference at the range, proper eye alignment. Looks great and good luck…

I’ll stick with the original stock for now, I like the look. I won’t go max loads with it either. Where I hunt now I won’t have over a 150 yard shot, so I’ll find a good easy shooting load.
Nice but the scope looks mounted pretty high.

Yeah, scope is alittle high for my taste but it ain't mine. I like it. Sounds like your hunting situation is like mine (</=150 yds) You don't need max loads unless you just want them. As I posted earlier, a pinch of N110, Eastern Maine wool wad, LBHS, lightly knurled premium bullet in the 180 - 225gr range will knock'em in the dirt!!!!🙂

It probably is a little high, just went with the rings a had in the drawer. I ended up with some N120 and 240g Fury’s. I’ll give that a try and see what happens. I also have some 275 NSR‘s to try out with IMR4198. Just gotta find time to get to the range. Home projects are taking all of my time right now.

It probably is a little high, just went with the rings a had in the drawer. I ended up with some N120 and 240g Fury’s. I’ll give that a try and see what happens. I also have some 275 NSR‘s to try out with IMR4198. Just gotta find time to get to the range. Home projects are taking all of my time right now.
I know what you mean. Finding the time to get to the range is tough......

I’ve got 2 omegas and I’m interested in turning one into a smokeless. How hard is it to replace the barrel?

Call Mark Woodman at Woodman Arms.He has great selection of 45 cal Omega barrels that are smokeless capable.Several members on here have already gone down that rabbit hole.Self included.Does take some time though.Big demand on these barrels.

I’ve got 2 omegas and I’m interested in turning one into a smokeless. How hard is it to replace the barrel?
Very easy. Basically Woodmans barrels are drop-in replacements. It’s as simple as swapping the barrel. Remove the action from the old barrel and attach to the new barrel. You may also need to do a little inletting to get the new barrel to fit whatever stock (OEM or aftermarket) you put it in.

It did on mine with no trimming required. The only thing is my ramrod will not come out when I put it all back together. I may have a little work to do on it, but I have an Arrowhead collapsible ramrod and jag on the way. So no worries there. I still have yet to shoot it though.

It did on mine with no trimming required. The only thing is my ramrod will not come out when I put it all back together. I may have a little work to do on it,
The issue may be the front action screw. I ran into the same thing on a couple of mine and it took me a while to figure out what was going on. It may be a little long and be impinging on the ramrod. Loosening it will verify. Then it’s a matter of either shortening the screw or spacing it out a little.

Latest posts

Back