T/C Renegade replacement barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregdaws

Reaction score
I need a bit of advice, I have a renegade that I am looking at rebarreling & I don't think that there is anyone up here in Canada producing barrels for sidelocks. I hear talk of drop in barrels but other than for Lyman I don't see any around. If I wanted to have a barrel made for me who would I go to and can I get a barrel complete with breach plug?

Your advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Bob Hoyt in Virginia can freshen a barrel to a larger caliber.
I thought of that but my problem is getting it south of the boarder and back into Canada. They don’t like guns or parts crossing the boarder. Even percussion muzzleloader parts.

send it to bobby hoyt barrles to rebore
Robert A. Hoyt
700 Fairfield Station Road
Fairfield, PA 17320
(717) 642-6696 Tel.
(Civil War Barrels

I thought of that but my problem is getting it south of the boarder and back into Canada. They don’t like guns or parts crossing the boarder. Even percussion muzzleloader parts.
That’s a pity. That being the case, and even if it wasn’t, I would highly recommend Jason at Rice Barrels. He can build a fast twist barrel or slow in all of the calibers and match grades too. I bought a Rice match grade .45 barrel from someone on this sites sister. I fit it in a Renegade stock and immediately noticed a very slight leak of solvent from the joint of the barrel/breech plug. Bear in mind, used secondhand barrel… I asked Jason if he’d take a look at it. He did and discovered that while it didn’t leak pressure during firing, it could leak solvent. He re-breeched the barrel and sent it back, no charge. He’s just the kind of guy I want to support.

I've heard good things about Bob Hoyt & Idaho Lewis speaks highly of Rice barrels. It seems that I may have an importer able to help me bring in a new barrel but I have yet to have the conversation. The changing of laws here isn't making it any easier either.

Latest posts

Back