T/C ShockWave 250gr

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdb777

Reaction score
Picked up a couple of packages yesterday at Gander Mountain. Noticed that these bullets come in Bonded(Purple Tip) and standard(Yellow Tip)...the only difference was the price. Do these two bullets carry the same ballistics? Would like to know if I can practice with the non-Bonded to save some cash and get the same point of impact?

Anyone have any experience with these?
Scott B

I was in the Wal-Mart in New Hamp. a month ago and I asked the same Question they said to me lets find out T.C is just down the road and we will call them. The folks at TC said the only difference between the two is that the bonded is for thicker skinned animals and may not perform as well on deer that the non bonded ones will spread better on thinner skinned animals like deer. I hope this helps. The folks up at Fox Ridge in Rochester are pretty well versed as TC used them as their outlet store. Their toll free number is 1-800-243-4570 I ususlly deal with Tom Shannon. Mike

That is assuming that you are shooting blackpowder, or using very low velocity loads of smokeless (1600 to 2000 fps). At standard or higher smokeless velocities (2300/2400 fps or more), Hornady SSTs and TC Shockwaves, bonded and unbonded, appear to suffer more from over expansion than from under expansion.

I just tried the new Shock Waves with the low friction sabots. If you have shot paper I am interested in any diference in point of impact as compared to the sabot used before.

Latest posts

Back