T/C WeatherShield

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
Is it similar to the Remington TriNyte? and the coating used on metal parts of Glock pistols?

Swampman said:
Is it similar to the Remington TriNyte? and the coating used on metal parts of Glock pistols?

No T/C WeatherShield is CeraKote we have it in 32 colors. It is a ceramic base coating. TriNyte is a vapor deposit of Titanium Nitride. Not sure what coating Glock uses but we have coated a lot of Glocks.

Dougs "Weathershield" coating is a perfect 10 for protecting any rifle you may have especially T/C stainless.

His "utra bore coat" which I just applied to my Remington R-15 in 223 works better than any chrome lined barrel (Remington does not chrome line the R-15). After 40 cure rounds I could not see any copper in the barrel.

My new T/C Endeavor is getting coated as well.

Just clean the power fouling out and back in the safe.

Chocdog

I believe the Glock used a finish they referred to as "tennifer" ( unsure about the spelling)

They say it's very rust resistant and also very hard to drill through. They should use it on smokepoles.

They say it's very rust resistant and also very hard to drill through. They should use it on smokepoles.

So you want to see TC charge 1k for an Endeavor instead of the mid 800+ range ? :eek: I mean their centerfire rifles are already severely overpriced and they are coated with weathershield at least some models are.

Weathershield provideds no protection to the inside of the barrel correct?

choc-dog; what is the ultra bore coat used for. is it a treatment for the bore or for the whole barrel?i have never heard of something like this for the bore, if it resembles weathershield it seems like it would fill the rifling when applied.

Thanks UC for answering his question...been away for a while.

Chocdog

Swampman said:

Tennifer is applied at a very high temp.if you check you'll find it's confined to slides.It may be to hot for bbl.actions.I would also think any air in a bbl.going into the tank would be a huge safety concern.As to Titanium Nitride Savage used to use it on there bolts but quit due to cost.I checked into setting it up,it's hard to control thickness.A setup big enough to coat rifles would average $3.5 millio dollars. This was about 3 years ago,doubt it's gotten any cheaper.Remington contracts it out to a commercial setup.

Back