Round ball in T/C Omega?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I inherited a .50 cal T/C Omega in pretty decent shape, but have no experience with inline muzzleloaders. Can you shoot patched round ball in this gun or am I limited to conicals and sabots?

Because its a relatively fast twist, you will have to use a pretty light load of powder. Start at 35-40 if using t7, maybe 45-50 if using real black or pyrodex. It strips off on the rifling pretty easy, so patch the ball really tight.
You may never get good accuracy tho, if you have the QLA muzzle. Good luck.

I have a Blk. Dia. 1:28, will shoot prb up to n including 70 gr. of black 3 f. Once mine goes past that the groups open from 2.5" at 70 to palm size on up. I have not gotten my Omega barrel lugs tight so I have not shot mine yet.

Like most modern rifles it’s a faster twist rate..if you keep the charge low and use a tight fitting patch and ball it will work..I have done it with my omegas and other rifles just to see and I started to tear patches and lose accuracy around 60 grains of powder..an over powder patch helped alot too…

but to be honest if your just looking for a cheap bullet to plink with you have way better options available for similar cost that will work better in your omega.

Latest posts

Back