Tame deer video

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see 23 folks have looked at this but no one has commented. Maybe it wasn't as neat as I originally thought

That is really neat. Extreme caution is in order when so close to a wild deer.

Ditto the above. Wow! But, I must say, the only time I've been that close to a live deer, he would have been happy to hook me with his horns if I would have let him...

The deer here doo get a little testy when the rut is on but the rest of the year they're quite docile. You don't have the approach them. When they see you and you have something for them to eat they come a running. That particular deer is fed by hand regularly by my neighbor. He gives them carrots, apples greens and some oats by hand. Usually puts his arm around his neck, scratches him under the chin and behind the ears. He's a little sensitive about touching his antlers when in velvet. Last fall though he did kick out at my neighbor who immediately kick the deer in the butt. The deer seem startled but behaved himself ever since.

That was cool.

That is a neat video. That deer would never survive in the wild, it seems to be too friendly.

Yup. If it ever ventured out of the game preserve it would run up to the first hunter it saw looking for a snack :D

I think you outta slip a K-Bar in his neck, would be a good way to teach him some manners and a quiet way to get some good venison without the neighbors catching on. :lol:

Latest posts

Back