TC Encore Turkey Shotgun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Reaction score
Ok, I’ll apologize now that this isn’t a muzzleloader. I put together a factory camo Encore turkey shotgun a few weeks ago, and I ended up selling it to someone that wanted it more than me and instantly regretted it. I saw a used blued Encore turkey barrel on another board a couple weeks ago for a really fair price, so I bought it. I started thinking about this project before the barrel got here, but when I contacted two Encore “experts”, I was told that what I wanted to do couldn’t be done. These kevlar stock sets were produced for Virgin Valley Custom Guns in the early 2000’s before they went out of business, and if you can trust internet rumor, there are only 200+/- in existence. I have two sets. One was bought directly from VVCG in 2003ish, and it took 10 years to find this set. The forend is set up for a hangar bar system, and that’s what the two “experts” told me couldn’t be adapted to a shotgun barrel. Well, I had to do some filing and drilling to get a proper fit, but everything mated up perfectly. The gun itself is really nothing special, but I love the fit and feel of these stock sets. I was going to buy an optic rail, but sometimes it pays to be a gun parts hoarder. I found one I forgot I had. I may end up painting the stock too. The barrel came with a factory TC turkey choke, but I’m using a Carlson .640 TSS choke instead. It patterns really well with my handloaded ammo. The optic is a Hawke turkey scope.
IMG_0500.jpeg

Thanks! Agree with your review assessment!! Mine should be here Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing how it'll look/work on my mossberg semiauto 410. My only issue is astigmatism, so I may have to use it with the illumination off.

Ok, I’ll apologize now that this isn’t a muzzleloader. I put together a factory camo Encore turkey shotgun a few weeks ago, and I ended up selling it to someone that wanted it more than me and instantly regretted it. I saw a used blued Encore turkey barrel on another board a couple weeks ago for a really fair price, so I bought it. I started thinking about this project before the barrel got here, but when I contacted two Encore “experts”, I was told that what I wanted to do couldn’t be done. These kevlar stock sets were produced for Virgin Valley Custom Guns in the early 2000’s before they went out of business, and if you can trust internet rumor, there are only 200+/- in existence. I have two sets. One was bought directly from VVCG in 2003ish, and it took 10 years to find this set. The forend is set up for a hangar bar system, and that’s what the two “experts” told me couldn’t be adapted to a shotgun barrel. Well, I had to do some filing and drilling to get a proper fit, but everything mated up perfectly. The gun itself is really nothing special, but I love the fit and feel of these stock sets. I was going to buy an optic rail, but sometimes it pays to be a gun parts hoarder. I found one I forgot I had. I may end up painting the stock too. The barrel came with a factory TC turkey choke, but I’m using a Carlson .640 TSS choke instead. It patterns really well with my handloaded ammo. The optic is a Hawke turkey scope.
View attachment 41996
Great job, daggoneit that's just cool right there.

I’m loving it so far. The reviews I read online prior to buying it were mixed, but I’ve learned that you can’t always trust those. Some people can tear up an anvil with a feather.
I’ve learned that you can’t always trust those. Some people can tear up an anvil with a feather.
Absofrigginlutely!

View attachment 41996
Love it . May I ask Where you bought that beautiful stock ?

Back