TC System1 vs Black Diamond

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadball

Reaction score
I just went to one of my LGS to look at a TC Scout pistole, it had some rust inside the nipple and at the muzzle, price was 329.00 and it had been on the wall behind the counter for over a year and they still wouldn't budge on the price, so I passed I continued looking and found a very nice System1 50 cal walnut stock so I picked it up and held it and petted it and what do you know it followed me out the door, long storey short is the black diamond what the system1 morphed into, are some parts interchangeable like sights ect...... thanks for the info

I know they made a Firehawk and a Thunderhawk at one time prior to the Black Diamond. Maybe parts for those models are interchangeable with what you have?

From what i can tell looking at pics and what i remember from the T-Hawk i had and the BD i still have. The Sys-1 is more like the Black Diamond. Trigger looks the same as the BD.. Sights are probably the same too. Stocks have to be different tho as the BD doesnt come apart, like the Sys-1 does. I wouldnt be surprised to find the breechplugs are the same too. I see that they made barrels in 12ga, .32, .50, .54, and .58. But not .45. Pretty cool gun imho.

I had a System One with the .50 cal. barrel an got a .12 ga. barrel off ebay. I didn't like the fact if you changed rifle barrels you had to rezero the scope as the scope sat on the receiver instead of the barrel. I killed some squirrels with the .12 ga. an one wild turkey an a rattlesnake. The Encore .12 ga. choke will fit the System One shotgun barrel.
I have owned a FireHawk, but not a Black Diamond. I sold the FireHawk and the System One due to the QLA crap at the muzzle.

well out her in Wa. We're not allowed scopes so thats not a problem I just need to figure out what peep sights will work

I have a System 1 with .32, 50, 54, 58 and 12 gauge barrels. I only wish I had a .45. Very nice rifle/shotgun, killed more turkeys than deer, but that is my fault. I prefer flintlocks for deer.

This whole "scope on the receiver" issue is not an issue. Don't we all sight in before a season? If I have hunted squirrels with the .32, and am going to go for deer with the .50. wouldn't I want to sight (and practice) with the different load? If I went for Elk with the .54, wouldn't I want to sight in (and practice) with the .54? Come on, guys!

I have two barrels for my Lyman Great Plains lefty cap lock. One with a GP barrel for round balls over black, one GPH barrel for sabots and 777. Both have scopes mounted on the interchangeable barrels. Don't I still sight in (and practice) with both ???

My Remington 700 .308 has a scope mounted on the receiver, but no interchangeable barrel feature. When I shoot woodchucks in the summer with 125 grain bullets, don't I sight in with the 165s before deer season? If I went to Maine for a bear hunt, wouldn't I re-sight is with my 180 Partitions (and practice) before my hunt?

Non issue.

ADK Bigfoot

You're right ADK Bigfoot. But i dont think anyone suggested swapping barrels without resighting. Just that IF he did swap it MIGHT be a drawback. Ya know, like an inconvenience?
BTW, if you found another .32 barrel you could, maybe, have it bored to .45. Thats what i would consider doing anyway. Now Im thinking on getting one just to try it. :lewis:

'(QUOTE:)The scope not mounting to the barrel could be a big drawback, unless you dont swap barrels."

"QUOTE:) You're right ADK Bigfoot. But i dont think anyone suggested swapping barrels without resighting. Just that IF he did swap it MIGHT be a drawback. Ya know, like an inconvenience?

Then what exactly is the drawback? Is it inconvenient to sight in and practice between seasons????

ADK Bigfoot

Last comment needs no reply. No argument intended or offered. Swapping barrels no impediment to good shooting with the System1 arrangement.

ADK Bigfoot

I have a system 1 in walnut/blued with a 50 and a 54 barrel, beautiful gun. nice sights also.

Latest posts

Back