TC Triumph trigger guard

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5alarm435

Reaction score
Any thoughts from the guys who shoot a Triumph on how long it takes to get used to having the trigger guard be the level that unlocks the hinged breech? Or is it a non-issue?

Thanks,
Alex.

It was never a problem with me. Came very natural from the first time shooting it.

Just like an Encore or Contender, other than it goes the opposite way like a falling block. When I fondled one a few months back, it did seem wierd to me though. Granted you can get used to anything.

It is so similar to me to the Omega and contender and the encore I never even notice that it is different, I might just have to go look at mine and see what the difference is. Lee

So I have been thinking about picking up a muzzleloader. I cannot exactly say that price is no object, but I was thinking about getting an Encore. If I'm looking for a dedicated muzzleloader, and the feature of swapping out barrels isn't important to me, it seems like maybe the Triumph might be the wiser choice from what I've been reading in this forum.

Is there something about the Encore, Pro Hunter, or Endeavor, that make them a better muzzleloader than the Triumph? Or does the higher cost just really reflect how versatile an Encore can be because of the ability to buy barrels for just about any caliber?

It's strictly for the ability to make it into different guns. You can make an Encore into a handgun (if it is sold as a handgun or frame only), a shotgun, centerfire rifle, rimfire rifle, or muzzleloader. I have owned the Contender and presently have an Encore, I see no advantage to it but I do see disadvantages to it compared to the Omega or Triumph. Actually, the Encore is my least favorite gun in my safe.

Truimph muzzleloader trigger guard pivoting to unlock the hinged barrel is a non-issue.

It is such a natural motion, that you will open and close the gun as if on auto-pilot!!!

Go ahead and get one with confidence. 8)

Mike, to me at least - those load restrictions are not a big deal. Yes, they need to be updated to reflect the quality of the rifle - but they are of little real world significance.

How CAN they be when at the top of this very page is an ad for BH209? So far as I know there are exactly NO load recommendations provided by ANY rifle maker for that new powder, yet it is commonly accepted to use up to 120 grains by volume of that powder.

You need one too. :wink:

sabotloader said:
Underclocked said:
A stainless Accura might be an even better choice.

sept for the load restrictions that CVA places on the gun!!!!

max load on a tc hawken/renegade is 100gr 2f and a 350gr conical.

Remember, it takes ATLEAST 800ft lbs of energy to cleanly take game. A .54cal round ball is only good up to maybe 75 yards going by that.

Tell that to that elk i nailed at 140 yards :wink:

Magnum loads were only intended to sell more powder and punish the shooter behind the rifle.

UC

It is BPI/CVA double talk... because they allow 150 grains of pellets either T7 or Pyro which is equal to 150 grains of real BP or Pyro - LOOSE... but yet they tag you with a max of ANY loose powder of 100 grains. It is a double standard. In addition I do not like their projectile limitations, I can understand a limitation of grains of powder/with weight of projectile, but to point blank say nothing greater than 300 sabot or 400 conical is limiting.

I know if I wanted to shoot one of those 600 grain conicals or even the 500 grainers that Cayugad likes - I could with any gun I currently own, why would I buy a gun that limits those choices

I am not saying that the Accura is not a great CVA gun, but it would not be one that I would buy when they are so many other better choices.

And it really doesn't matter what Mark tells you in private, it is what the company tells the public and what they will warranty or stand behind.

sabotloader said:
UC

It is BPI/CVA double talk... because they allow 150 grains of pellets either T7 or Pyro which is equal to 150 grains of real BP or Pyro - LOOSE... but yet they tag you with a max of ANY loose powder of 100 grains. It is a double standard. In addition I do not like their projectile limitations, I can understand a limitation of grains of powder/with weight of projectile, but to point blank say nothing greater than 300 sabot or 400 conical is limiting.

I know if I wanted to shoot one of those 600 grain conicals or even the 500 grainers that Cayugad likes - I could with any gun I currently own, why would I buy a gun that limits those choices

I am not saying that the Accura is not a great CVA gun, but it would not be one that I would buy when they are so many other better choices.

+1
Ask any gunsmith that works on muzzle loaders reguler about the differance in the quality of the breach plugs. Lee

And it really doesn't matter what Mark tells you in private, it is what the company tells the public and what they will warranty or stand behind.

5alarm435
In my experience most Triumph will shoot just a bit tighter groups than the Encore, do to the interchangeability the Encore may have bigger tolerances. Lee

Back