TC Triumph trigger

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedog

Reaction score
Anyone know how to lighten the Triumph trigger pull? Also, does anyone know if the scope bases for the TC Encore/Omega will also fit the Triumph? Thanks!

I am not sure of the trigger,but I do know that the bases are the same for the Omega/Encore/Triumph.

I don't own or have access to a Triumph so can only speculate based upon a bit of experience with the Omega and drawings from the manual.

Below pic shows the mechanism

53jjo1.jpg

and an enlargement of the areas of concern

wiaal1.jpg

Take this post for all its worth - it is speculation and should be used only at your own risk. Modifying the trigger mechanism will surely void your warranty.

The two areas indicated by the green arrows are the sear points between the hammer piece and trigger piece. Take note of the circled areas in the lower drawing. The centers of each green circle are the points of concern. The parts (if like the Omega's) are cast and finished in such a way that a light ridge is left all along the center of each piece.

VERY lightly honing those two surfaces in such a way so as not to change any angles nor remove any depth beyond that center ridge might give you the trigger you want. Be extremely careful to not change any angle or go too deep into those surfaces. You just want a smooth surface at each contact point.

And that's about all you can do. The top picture has blue arrow which is pointing to one angled leg of the trigger's torsion spring. Very carefully reducing that angle (straightening) that leg might reduce pull weight slightly, but without a Triumph in my hands, I can't say for sure.

Whatever you do, do it slowly and meticulously and realize replacing those parts might be expensive. Creating a dangerous trigger would be far worse.

If you wish to do trigger work as noted in UCs post you may want to shoot the Triumph a bunch of times. Then, when you disassemble, you will see wear (shiney spots/lines) where the surfaces contact one another. This will be where you want to hone JUST A LITTLE BIT!!! It is always best to do a little, reassemble, then do a bit more if needed. Trying to do too much can result in a dangerous trigger/gun!

I wouldnt touch the trigger. It is suppost to come from the factory set at 3lbs. If its not, have T/C send you a return authorization with a ups# and send it back.

if you have a complaint about the Triumph trigger........ jeesss don't ever shoot a ml made by Tradition

trigger pull

My Triumph trigger pulls at 4+ pounds and I guess I am complaining....it is too heavy!

Re: trigger pull

bluedog said:
My Triumph trigger pulls at 4+ pounds and I guess I am complaining....it is too heavy!

I had a Triumph when they first came out. It had a consistantly crappy 6.5# trigger.. It was HORRIBLE!

I am guessing your gun was a first run?

it's new

Doohan,
The rifle was purchased just this week....it is one of the Wal-Mart $275 close out deals....I wanted to see what all the fuss was about in regards to this rfile....everyone that owns one seems to like them!
Billy

That is bad news!

I would certainly send it back as I am sure they will fix it.

Please keep us posted!

Back