TC Venture

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallygater1

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about them ..............Pros and or Cons........May be looking for one in .223 or .308???????

I've heard nothing but good things about them. I have been looking at that one and the Icon.

Me too can't decide may be looking to trade off my DPMS LR-308 for one of those and a 20ga 870 Remmy????? Hmmmmmm don't know???? :scratch:

Had one in 223 and it shot great. Half inch groups are the norm. Sold it to my brother so I could get a remington 700 tactical 223 thinking it would shoot better. Should of just kept the TC.

A lot of folks scoff at the Venture because it is the cheapest rifle TC makes. I have one in .270 Win and it is a great shooter, sub MOA with cheap federal ammo. It is basically the same gun as the Icon with a synthetic stock, lesser finish of the bluing and likely a little less finish work when making the barrel. It isn't guaranteed to shoot MOA like the Icon but I don't think I've heard of one that didn't shoot MOA or less.

Mine is a Black/blue model and not much to look at but it is a fine shooter and I don't see ever selling it. Now you can get the Venture in Camo and WeatherGuard I believe.

I like the looks of them I almost bought Icon but have to many guns now :D

I have one in a 243 I really like it. There was/is a recall on them, sent mine in and got it back pretty quick, never had any problems with mine and is probably capable of shooting more accurate than I am capable of.lol

i had one in predator 204, i shot it and was not impressed. my savage bctss will shoot same hole groups at 200 yds.the t/c would not shoot under an inch at 100.i sold it on gunbroker fast.alot of people want them for some reason.

Personaly i think my venture is 10 times the gun my savage ever was, but guess thays why they make them all everyone has an opinion.......happy hunting

Ok no more defending tc for me. My venture was just recalled for the second time in a year and a half, this time for safety reasons. Now i think its a great thing that they let people know and are willing to fix the problem...........however what a pain in the a## to have to send it in all the time. Took mine back to the dealer and traded it in on another savage. Not sure if they have e er been recalled

Latest posts

Back