tcarms triumph?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clay

Reaction score
Im looking at buying my first inline and the triumph caught my eye. Any advice?...

Do you have one or have you shot one? Im trying to get some details. The majority of the people ive talked to say to go with a knight.

Clay

First off I would like to welcome you to the forums , you will find a lot of great guys here and we will give you the best advice that we can but the final diss. will be up to you.

I do not own a TRIUMPH but when I was looking to get a new ML I did go look at one, Just didn't feel good to me , But every one is DIFFERANT
My suggestion would be to go and hold one / shoulder one and see how it feels to you.

I ended up getting the KNIGHT DISC EXTREME and don't REGRET IT AT ALL, It is a AWSOME shooting gun. and this past Monday I bought a KNIGHT KRB7 becouse I was so impressed at how the Knights shot.
And my wife shoots a Knight Wolv. also very accur.

THE KRB is also cheaper and one of the easyest guns I have ever cleaned.
ANYWAY TC OR KNIGHT ARE BOTH EXCELLENT GUNS.

GOOD LUCK

Ron G.

thank you that helps alot. I understant what youre saying. Thats how i felt about the omega.
Thanks again

Clay - welcome to the forum. It is good having you here.

As for the Triumph, I have read a lot of good reviews on the rifle also saw some of the range results others have accomplished with the rifle. To say I am not impressed by what I have seen and read would be false.

Now I will give you my impression of the rifle. I handled one at a sporting goods store. I was not impressed with the way it shouldered and I did not like the stock. Not saying that I could not get used to it. Just that it did not appeal to me. But then as much as I like seeing the new rifles that enter the market, I have not been impressed with them enough to purchase one.

I am sure the Triumph is a great rifle. And it will last you a life time.

I think Doohan has one. He could give you some information on the same I am sure.

I myself just recently purchased my first inline muzzleloader which is the TC Triumph. Can't really say anything bad about the rifle as it has performed without any problems for me thus far. The gun shouldered well for me and I really like the features that it had. I must say that it shoots nice and is a breeze to clean afterwards. Right now I am shooting the 250gr TC shockwaves with 2 50gr pellets of 777. I'm using it to hunt whitetails during the 2 week PA rifle season and hopefully will get a chance to close the deal with it. After season I plan on trying out some load combinations with loose 777 rather than the pellets.

Triumph004-1.jpg

Triumph007.jpg

I recently went through this decision process between the Omega and Triumph. I decided on the stainless laminated(not the thumbhole) Omega based on info obtained here and elsewhere.

I've heard lots of good things about the Triumph but there are a few things I didn't like about it.
1. Its a break open gun but it doesn't close like one. You need to make sure that the breech plug is lined up correctly when closing the action and at the same time, you need to close the trigger block. I almost got my finger caught when closing the block. To me, it was too clumsy.

2. Price. I just couldn't see spending over $400 for a gun with a synthetic stock and blued barrel. The weathercoated barrel is on the outside but not the inside. For the same money, actually less money than the weathercoated/black composite Triumph, I got a stainless laminated Omega.

3. Last but not least, the Omega felt better in my hands.

Positives:
1. The Triumph is definitely easier to clean. I may eventually buy one based on this alone, who knows.

2. The range reports have been comparable to the Omega, based on what I read only.

Next year, T/C will probably introduce a stainless laminated Triumph but based on what they cost now, $500-$600 will probably be the price tag.
In any case, based on what everyone told me, you can't go wrong with any T/C gun.

Good Luck

BruinFlinter, that is a beautiful looking set up you have. I'd put an orange sling on it because if you set that gun down in the woods, you may not find it. :wink: Seriously, that is sharp!

Thanks Cajun

I really liked the way the all camo looked on this rifle. Most of the all camo versions of the Triumph that I had looked at had the receiver done in alloy with the rest of the gun camo. This is the first one that I saw with the entire rifle including the receiver done in camo and I couldn't beat the price ($469, rifle only).

Bruinflinter how is that Omega working for you. Is that the the one with BDC, which if it is I guess you're not utilizing that feature with just two 777 pellets. Nice looking combo. Good luck on your upcoming hunt.

I owned a triumph and had a bear of a time getting anything down the bbl including the shockwave in the superglide sabots. I tried mmp-24s and there 3 petal also. Never did get any bullet to shoot good out of it so I sold it and bought a long range hunter to go with my exteme and elite. These guns shoot anything ya put down the bbl.

Ive heard that a couple times now. When you say you cant find a bullet to shoot well out of it do you mean its just not consistant? How bad is it?

BruinFlinter said:
Thanks Cajun

I really liked the way the all camo looked on this rifle. Most of the all camo versions of the Triumph that I had looked at had the receiver done in alloy with the rest of the gun camo. This is the first one that I saw with the entire rifle including the receiver done in camo and I couldn't beat the price ($469, rifle only).

$469 is a good price compared to the prices I seen in store around here. Your pictures are the only one I've seen too with the camo receiver, How is the camo holding up in the hinged area of the receiver? Does the break action cause any scraping on the camo?

I looked at them when I was shopping this fall. Did not fit me very well and the stock felt like a 2x4. I wasn't that impressed with the breechplug either, you could hardly get the one we looked at in and out by hand while it was clean, I imagine it would have been even harder dirty. I like the Omega but stuck with Knight. I bought the Elite, that is just an awesome feeling and shooting gun. I wish Knight had got on the stick and brought the KP1 out earlier, I would have like to look at one of those before buying. Oh well, guess I might have to buy another one next year. :lol:

I personally did not care for the BDC reticle on the Nikon scopes and went with the standard crosshair configuration in the prostaff scope. The majority of my shooting will be at 100 yards or less and this scope works just fine for me.

As far as the camo on the receiver I have not had any problems with it scraping when opening the breech.

The breech plug is actually easy to remove and replace it just takes a little getting used to due to the postion of the rear O ring gasket.

I am using the TC 250gr regular shock waves and they pass down the barrel without much of a problem. At the range I am swabbing (wet patch/dry patch) between shots.

The speed breech on the PH and the Triumph take a little adjustment time but once you understand how they work in the barrel I would be hard pressed to go back to a standard plug... 90 deg. and out and no blow back is nice! 8)

Clay- the bullets I tryed were shockwaves in 250 and 300. Powerbelts and xtps. I couldnt get anything to shoot in the samr place twice. Also tried different powder loads and different powder. I just wasnt happy with the gun so I sold it. Like I said before I like the way my knights shoot and feel. The T/C syn stocks feel cheap and hollow. Only thing I liked about the gun was the cleanup and the breech plug.

Thats why i havent purchased anything yet. I really dont like synthetic stocks. It feels like im holding a bb gun or some cheap 22. I was kinda hoping there was one or 2 guns that the majority of people thought were the best.
What makes your knight rifles so much better and which ones are the best?

Latest posts

Back