tcarms triumph?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First let me just say knight rifles are not so much better than anything else. I personally like the feel of the knights syn stocks. They feel solid compared to T/Cs. I have an extreme and a disc elite that both shoot 1'' to 11/2'' groups at 100 yards with a little work and most bullets I have tried. I recently bought a long range hunter but havent tried it out yet. Our weather turned below zero here and supposed to get a foot of snow tonite so I might wait untill after the holidays to play with it. Remember these are just my experiences and in no way do I think T/C guns are bad. I still own 2 T/Cs- thunderhawk and a BDxr that shoot as well as my knights. I may of got a triumph with a barrel that got through not in specs or tighter than others. Ive got a good friend who I shoot with that shoots an omega that is a tack driver. So its all in the persons choice and feel for each gun. Thanks Kerry

I have a triumph and to be honest, it shoots more accuratley than my remmington 7mm. I use two 777 mag pellets and 290gr barnz tmz bullet. The groupings at 100 yrds were touching and overlaping in some rounds. The ease of cleaning is amazing too. My buddy has a knight and it takes twice as long to clean and it doesnt even get as clean as I am able to get the triumph.

IMHO,Get a T/C Pro hunter! You will have to poney up a little more money,but if you are gonna spend that much,might as well go all out! The Knights are top drawer guns too! You can't hardly go wrong with either Co. Depending on where you hunt,(and plan too) can make a diffrence in the gun you need. I hunt mostly open fields,and most of the shots are 100 + yards. One thing for sure is a gun that will shoot long range,will also double as a short range gun( not as quick to handle,but will work). I also have a White 504,and a T/C Grey Hawk. These are my still hunting/heavy timber guns. I don't get to hunt much under these conditions(read all the big timber around here is leased up) But when the chance happens that I do I like these guns,for hunting. They handle fast,and are perfect for under 100yds. shooting in timber. The T/C would also work in these conditions,but wouldn't handle as fast. Ron

One more question, how good is the scope that comes in the package deal? Also, I have yet to see the full camo gun. Where did you find it?

Not sure which scope would come with the gun, but I put a BSA 3x9 scope for $60 and it works just as good as my Leupold on my 7mm. You don't need to spend $300 on a scope when most of the muzzleloader shots are within 125 yrds (my experience)

So far no one has asked if you plan to shoot conicals. Most T/C rifles tend to be less than great with conical bullets other than Powerbelts. I would be interested in seeing anyone that is using big conicals in the Triumph. If I was going that way I would opt for one of the Knight rifles. I just bought a Knight KRB and although I have not shot it yet the others that have are having great results with heavy solid lead conicals. The KRB synthetic stock is a lot more solid than the one on my Omega. In stainless with the black stock you can get it for $302 delivered from R&R.

Latest posts

Back