Thankful I wasn't shooting alone.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Verified the turret at 200 and 400. Because the turret isn't marked for 500, I used the Strelok software on my tablet.

Thankfully another guy was shooting. His .308 holes are covered on this target. Sent 3 rounds at 500 yards. Bill signed and dated the targets.

Where did the other two shots go? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice Shooting!

To me it looks like 1.781 or a strong inch and three quarters. Pretty amazing group at 500.

Awesome group. We getting ready to shoot nmlra fall nationals and at 500 yd creedmore we shoot15 shots i hope to have 3 of 15 shots that close together. Great shooting

bestill said:
Awesome group. We getting ready to shoot nmlra fall nationals and at 500 yd creedmore we shoot15 shots i hope to have 3 of 15 shots that close together. Great shooting

As you know, I use the Leupold CDS turret. The turret doesn't have the "5" etched on it, as I originally bought it for hunting only. Well it appears things have changed with me now interested in the matches at Friendship. Dang, I wish it wasn't so far away. What I used was my tablet and the Strelok software, trying to determine the additional elevation needed for 500 from my 450 setting. Strelok indicated 10 additional clicks on the turret, which is what I used. It appears a little to much, but I had a following wind.
I had a 10 - 13k wind from the SW with a few gusts, which when shooting at this range, causes the wind to bounce off the trees and back across the range to the trees on the other side. Basically the wind when in that direction zig zags down the range. Range runs true north, about 150' wide through the middle of the woods. My 400 shots were also a little high but on the right instead of the left side of the target. Its not unusual for this to happen shooting this narrow range.
Barrel had ample time to cool. Would that following wind cause the rise in those shots? Not so much at 500, as I used the software for that, but at 400?

Back