Thanks, hi all!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HunterBelle13

Reaction score
Thank you for the add!
Muzzle loading is something I’m just picking up. I came across a CVA Hawken .50 kit that wasn’t finished at a garage sale. Got it finished and went and shot it. I had so much fun I bought a Traditions Lightning Bolt in .50 cal.
I joined here because I want to learn some tips, and I need to find some parts that are no longer made.

Welcome from southeast Oklahoma.
Deer Creek Products is about the best source for vintage CVA parts. Anything Traditions, that's a bit tougher. I don't know of any other places to get parts beyond ebay.

Thanks all!

I emailed Traditions. They did say they don’t make parts any more for the Lightning Bolt. I’ve found a few of them on eBay but they’re for a 209 primer. I think I have the #11 nipple on the gun.

Attachments

• IMG_3233.jpeg
    IMG_3233.jpeg
    688.4 KB · Views: 0
Welcome from New England. What they all said.

Thanks all!

I emailed Traditions. They did say they don’t make parts any more for the Lightning Bolt. I’ve found a few of them on eBay but they’re for a 209 primer. I think I have the #11 nipple on the gun.

You can also check https://www.gunbroker.com/ for parts and complete rifles. You may be able to find something there. Be prepared for sticker shock.

Back