The “Business Rifle” Video

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I took the “Business Rifle” out for a Stroll today, This is the Barrel That Idahoron Gifted me (Thanks again Ron!) Bullets are from my BACO .453 Elliptical Mold, i Lube and push these through my .451.5-.452 Sizer, These BIG bullets Just “Kiss” the bore walls on the way down, no effort required to Seat them. Powder Charge was 85 Weight Grains of Swiss 2F, and i chose to use an oversize .50 Cal 1/8” Wool Felt Over Powder Wad. This is the Rifle i need to be focusing on for Long Range, I have it setup WELL for it :yeah: Fact is, It’s tough around here with a Rifle like this, We just don’t have many places to Shoot really Long Range here in this Brushy Northern Country, And now that hunting season is going it will be impossible to shoot the Few places that i usually do, All Hunting Seasons end by Mid December, By then we will have Snow, and likely LOTS of it. I probably won’t get back out with this rifle until Spring. I had intentions to Run this Rifle this spring, But other things had me Tied up. This is a fun rifle to shoot, But definitely a Niche Gun the way it is setup. I will stretch the Barrel out on her one day and do a Video of it, She Shoots well :yeah:

Not sure what the heck happened above? I’ll try and Repost the Video here

[youtube]pzINWwvYJX0[/youtube]

Thanks fellas, This is an AWESOME barrel, i am very thankful to have it! If something happens to me it will go back to Ron, Or His Son Jacob :yeah: I need to start shooting this Rifle more. I have her Setup to go Looooooong, and that is Precisely what i need to do with it. I have the Correct Targets, And Backing. Depending on timing, i even have a COOL spot to do it!

It is 825-850 Yards to the back of this Private Lake, No roads, Nobody anywhere near. The Ole “Business Rifle” Can Speak Far here, And sound pretty Cool doing it, especially With it being in a Valley/Canyon :yeah:

rf54gHJ.jpg

This is where i will be Shooting the Ole Knight MK-85 As well. I will break the Camera back out and get video of this when i get to do it :yeah:

Semisane said:
That's absolutely beautiful. I'd be working on a remote controlled floating target holder. :lol:

I already have a cool idea for floating Wind Flags :yeah: The Water is actually high in this pic, this was during Spring melt off. You can see land back at them White Aspen looking trees Now, and most of the year. The property owner and his friends shoot their Centerfires here.

edmehlig said:
Idaholewis said:
45cal said:
might want to get you a spotter when you try 800

Most definitely, I have that all lined up :yeah:

You going to have Harleysboss walk back and forth for ya?? :lol:

Nah, He’s just gonna stand at the Target and point at my hits, no need for all that Walking :lol:

Latest posts

Back