The G3 is on its way.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Cocked

Reaction score
So I ended up purchasing another pistol. This time it's the tourist G3 full size.

I figured this is the perfect concealed carry. Because this features a trigger safety and a rail safety. That gives me the confidence to chamber a round without blowing off my bits.

Plus at the price point I won't mind the holster wear. Finish damage due to holster wear who cares? police took it away after you were involved in that civilian shooting? Who cares? Lol

In all seriousness I'm excited to get this Glock clone. You know it's got to be good when you hear stories of Glock users switching over to the Taurus and keeping their Glocks on the top shelf.

Plus it's my first tan colored gun! And yet another reason is why not? $250 holds 17 and shoots pretty straight with the rear adjustable sight.
1614453739544.png

Interesting. Have you had a chance to shoot it? First I've heard about this model. But I've been out of the loop for a while.

Thanks guys no I have not I have been not in a position to go to the range but I will soon.

I will say this that I am pretty happy with the firearm except for one thing this firearm rattles a lot. When a MAG is loaded past 15 bullets you hear rattling from the mag once the mag is seated in the firearm you hear rattling from the whole gun.

Now I talked to a buddy of mine who also owns a G3 he says he has no rattle. Honestly I don't know how good his ears are. Lol

I did manage to do a ton of dry fire practice with my Pink rhino laser training system. The trigger is on par with my sig. The sites are dead on although they're a little smaller and harder to see than most.

The grip texture is extremely aggressive. Which makes an excellent option for shorter visits to the range or for an everyday carry gun. I imagine that repeat firing with that aggressive of a grip texture wouldn't feel too comfortable on the hand.

What else can I say about it guys the slide racks fairly easily. Take down is very glock-like. Barrel is stainless ironically the inside of the barrel is blued.

Once you remove the slide and gain access to the lower trigger assembly part it's not a single rigid frame. There is no solid metal connection between the trigger components and the rear fire pin
in frame.

Another thing that kind of irks me is that it's not modular although it would be very simple for them to design it that way.

For 270 bucks it's a good EDC option imho.

Thanks guys no I have not I have been not in a position to go to the range but I will soon.

I will say this that I am pretty happy with the firearm except for one thing this firearm rattles a lot. When a MAG is loaded past 15 bullets you hear rattling from the mag once the mag is seated in the firearm you hear rattling from the whole gun.

Now I talked to a buddy of mine who also owns a G3 he says he has no rattle. Honestly I don't know how good his ears are. Lol

I did manage to do a ton of dry fire practice with my Pink rhino laser training system. The trigger is on par with my sig. The sites are dead on although they're a little smaller and harder to see than most.

The grip texture is extremely aggressive. Which makes an excellent option for shorter visits to the range or for an everyday carry gun. I imagine that repeat firing with that aggressive of a grip texture wouldn't feel too comfortable on the hand.

What else can I say about it guys the slide racks fairly easily. Take down is very glock-like. Barrel is stainless ironically the inside of the barrel is blued.

Once you remove the slide and gain access to the lower trigger assembly part it's not a single rigid frame. There is no solid metal connection between the trigger components and the rear fire pin
in frame.

Another thing that kind of irks me is that it's not modular although it would be very simple for them to design it that way.

For 270 bucks it's a good EDC option imho.
None of my EDC are bargains ,they all have one thing in common (the best I can afford/ carry) Bargains might not be the best choice but everyone knows what works for them/Ed

None of my EDC are bargains ,they all have one thing in common (the best I can afford/ carry) Bargains might not be the best choice but everyone knows what works for them/Ed
I hear you. If I could spend the money and I hadn't already bought the sig p320 without the rail safety. My first choice would be two p17 sigs and a sholder holster.

But I have the p320 which has no external safety so the thought was to keep that for the home defense nightstand gun.

I did end up ordering a shoulder holster. So it looks like I'm going to be caring the p320 and the Taurus G3 only the G3 will be on the dominant side with a round chambered. Two is better than One and what's even better than two three. My last ditch back up is an ankle holstered Ruger LCP.

That's my full Carry load for situations that warrant caution. Regular days usually just the Ruger LCP or now the Taurus depending on the weather and my clothes.

16150721549559021367965697007768.jpg
16150721937707310182041136130963.jpg

By the way if you ever want to feel like a giant put a Ruger LCP on an external carry paddle holster. Lol

So what exactly is a rail safety? You mentioned it in 2 posts. I checked both sides of the rail, see no anything. I see the thumb safety, and the trigger safety, but not a rail safety...

So what exactly is a rail safety? You mentioned it in 2 posts. I checked both sides of the rail, see no anything. I see the thumb safety, and the trigger safety, but not a rail safety...

Well I can only infer but I think when I say rail safety that is what you call a thumb safety.

It's pictured above. As seen towards the serrations on the rear of the slide. Is rail safety not the correct nomenclature?

There's also an obvious trigger safety. And a third safety that blocks the striker.

I do apologize if I'm not clear but most can read between the lines and get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

That little lever is what is known universally as a Thumb Safety.
Admittedly so I am old-school about things and to my way of thinking additional safety gadgets do not make it safer only more difficult or time consuming to bring into action.
My EDC is either a Colt 1911 of some variety or one of my Kimbers in the usual .45.
I do not feel the least bit unsafe with a round in the chamber and only a thumb safety.
The best safety device in the world is still a mechanical device that can fail, use the safety device that G-d gave you and follow strict safety precautions everytime you touch the weapon and you are well off.
Hell revolvers do not need safe this or that just maintain trigger discipline.
The rail is farther forward and below on that weapon.
As for myself I have several Taurus firearms and really enjoy them.
Nice weapon, enjoy it.

That little lever is what is known universally as a Thumb Safety.
Admittedly so I am old-school about things and to my way of thinking additional safety gadgets do not make it safer only more difficult or time consuming to bring into action.
My EDC is either a Colt 1911 of some variety or one of my Kimbers in the usual .45.
I do not feel the least bit unsafe with a round in the chamber and only a thumb safety.
The best safety device in the world is still a mechanical device that can fail, use the safety device that G-d gave you and follow strict safety precautions everytime you touch the weapon and you are well off.
Hell revolvers do not need safe this or that just maintain trigger discipline.
The rail is farther forward and below on that weapon.
As for myself I have several Taurus firearms and really enjoy them.
Nice weapon, enjoy it.
I have Kimbers but carry Glocks with exemption (see photo above) cause when stuff happens the only thing to think of is insert finger /press trigger and another mag please /Ed

That my friend is truth.
All we can do is continue to plan for the worst, pray for the best and keep training like tomorrow is the last day we will have the freedom to do so.
I pray like no other that I never have to use my skillset but if needed I have trained to respond properly with equipment I can depend on.

For some reason I thought of rail instead of slide. I guess because the slide rides on the rails.
But you are right the correct term is thumb safety. Although I like the sound of slide safety. Slide mounted safety?

I am always doing it my way aren't I?

For some reason I thought of rail instead of slide. I guess because the slide rides on the rails.
But you are right the correct term is thumb safety. Although I like the sound of slide safety. Slide mounted safety?

I am always doing it my way aren't I?
As long as it works and is safe doing it your way is ok too.

Yeah slide mounted rail wouldn't work either because it's not actually mounted on the slide it's mounted on the frame. Dang it! Lol.

My next gun may have a grip safety. Those seem like a good thing and you don't really have to think about taking it off safety to fire it just happens. Is that what they call passive release safety?

Yeah slide mounted rail wouldn't work either because it's not actually mounted on the slide it's mounted on the frame. Dang it! Lol.

My next gun may have a grip safety. Those seem like a good thing and you don't really have to think about taking it off safety to fire it just happens. Is that what they call passive release safety?
A safety such as a firing pin block or on a revolver a hammer disconnect are more passive meaning they require no action from the user to operate.
Where as a safety you manually operate is not passive.
Safeties can also be viewed as "Internal" or "External" as well.
In the end as long as they are understood, practiced with until instinctive then all is good in the world.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back