The look of determination!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
Great day on the water... Blues in the East River and good action drifting the Vz. Narrows for weakies and porgies :D:D
I sure hope he appreciates it... I asked if he'd split the gas bill he said sure thing Dad... That statement made the day!!!

DSC01629.jpg

Jimmie you are doing a great job with that boy of yours. I spent a great deal of time with my son when he was younger hunting and fishing as well and I have never regretted it. Now my son is 22 and lives out of state. We don't see eye to eye on much anymore, but when we do get the chance to hunt or fish together it is the one time when things are like they used to be. Lifes worries and opinions are left behind, arguments are forgotten. My son Dana hunts like Dad and fishes like Dad and out fishing and hunting is where we both think the same. When we deer hunt I know what he is gonna do and he knows what I am gonna do. We make an efficient team and I think the field is the one place where we keep our relationship strong. Differences will come, as boys grow into men they quite naturally seek to become independent from Dad, that is just natural but sometimes leads to conflict. The hunting field and the fishing boat remain common ground. I have seen this in my life and another good friend that has 3 sons. He like all of us has differences with his sons, but they still hunt and fish together and have a great time. Common ground is neccessary for any relationship and you are laying the foundation now. Kudos to you Jim.

Thanks Dwight... truer words were never spoke... I like to think each trip is a block in the foundation. I'm looking forward to him meeting you some day.

Thanks again for the kind words!
Jim

That?s my buddy... :yeah:
So Travis kicked your butt yesterday? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wish I was there.
Great pix. Jim.

Back