The Mighty Knighty speaks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have the pics but maybe in a few days I'll have some. I traveled from PA to Kansas this Sept in search of one of their big whitetails. I left here on the 8th of Sept so I could take advantage of the high gas prices caused by Katrina.

Well the buck never showed up but a really nice doe sneaked up behind me one morning and I finally got a deer with my knight Bighorn. I use 80 gr of FF Gooex behind a Hornady 240gr 44 cal bullet in a green harvester sabot. I shoot left hand but this old girl sneaked up behind me off my left shoulder so I had to shoot right hand with open sights.

My weaponry did it's job so the freezer is a bit fuller and enjoyed some great tenderloins that night.

The bugs, mosquitoes, gnats, chiggers and ticks were terrible as was the temps (mid 90s nearly every day). It rained several days and I just was not comfortable sitting in a tree stand with a powder filled lightning rod in my hands.

Excellent job with making the Bighorn speak. . That load is a good hard hitting load.

Took a really nice fat doe about 1 hour ago.
Live in rural Va. and just went out back into the lower pasture.
Used an T/C Omega with a Bushnell 3200 Elite. 2 Triple 7 pellets under a Barnes 300 gr. Expander - MZ. Took the shot at 95 paces (figure 85 to 95 yards) .
She jumped up took off and ran 10 feet and keeled over dead.
The bullet passed through the right chest wall and through the shoulder and out.
What terminal performance!

Nice way to start off the season- tender meat in the freezer.

Latest posts

Back