The moon is looking GOOD for Kentucky opener!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should get them feeding alittle earlier in the evenings.

Hope the temp. is cool too. That would be perfect.

I really cant wait! Got my gun sighted in with 58gr of N120 and 300 SW's ... I am really excited about it. I am hoping for some nice weather! :prayer:

I think I'm gonna use the white .410 . It's sighted in with 60gr. of 777 ffg and a 400gr. power punch.

I'll take my savage as a back up. It shooting the exact load as doohans 58gr.of N-120 and a 300 SW.

I think I'm gonna use the white .410 . It's sighted in with 60gr. of 777 ffg and a 400gr. power punch.

You certainly may! Kentuckys muzzleloading law states:

Muzzle-loading equipment restrictions

Muzzle-loading rifles or handguns of any caliber are permitted. Muzzle-loading shotguns no larger than 10-gauge used with slugs only are permitted. A muzzle‑loading firearm that can be fired more than once before reloading is permitted, as long as it meets the definition of a muzzle-loading firearm. In-line muzzle-loading rifles are permitted and using telescopic sights (scopes) on muzzleloaders is permitted.

So....HAVE AT IT! I'll be looking for BLOOD from you!

I'll take my savage as a back up. It shooting the exact load as doohans 58gr.of N-120 and a 300 SW.

Well do what I do...after you kill one with the White, hunt with the Savage for a while! :D

BTW...What velocity are you getting with that load?

Right around 1300 fps I believe. Maybe a little shy of that.

Latest posts

Back