The Patron Saint of Hunters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
Here's a couple recent pics of my current project. A project that I am certain will never be complete.... But I'm enjoying every minute of it :D
I would like to introduce you all to Hubert.
St. Hubert, as you may or may not know, was the patron saint of the huntsman. I would like to think by giving my dog such a name he would emulate the great saints hunting prowess.
This Hubert is a Vizsla, or mored commonly known as a Hungarian pointer.He is my first attempt at a bird dog. I'll be sure to keep you all abreast of my progress both good and bad.
DSC01233Small.jpg

DSC01238Small.jpg

Hubert's one fine lookin dog there Jim! Look forward to more reports on how he progresses.

How's the pheasant population in your area? Do you have the regular ringnecks?

Myself and a few buddies have a lease which I have hunted on for close to 20 years. We stock a substantial amount of birds. Recently though I've been training the dog up at the Stewart Airport consortium property. They too stock birds. NJ has limited native birds, although I have seen some natives down in the swamps of the Meadowlands. One of my ideal vacations would be to head up to Maine in mid-late Sept. and hunt grouse & woodcock and fish for smallmouths. A trip that I wholeheartedly think is doable but not until fall 2006.

:D Thanks Jim... sounds like a great lease set-up there.

That Maine trip sounds like a winner....grouse, woodcock & sm! Whut a combo! :D

I promised the Mrs. a trip to Booth Bay Harbor, ME this Fall but wont be doin any huntin or fishin on that one. :lol: Took her up there last year & we had a great time. We went up to Moose Lake and did a pontoon boat tour and saw alot of moose. Maine is one beautiful State.

I use to deer hunt about 25 miles south of Moosehead. Sebec Lake is where the cabin was. Tough, big woods hunting. The allure of shooting a 250 lb field dressed buck kept me coming back. I might have to start making a yearly pilgrimage back up that way again. I liked Maine alot.

VENISONEATR,

Good looking dog you got there, good luck with Hubert, look forward to reports 8)

Nice looking dog, Pointer's are fun to hunt over. Never had a Vizlas though several german pointer's. Several of my Labs point.
Redclub

Latest posts

Back