the rock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestill

MM Sponsor
MM Sponsor
Reaction score
i recently acquired a very rough richard franklin undertaker bench stock in maple. after many hours of sanding and inletting and finishing and bedding.
i decided to rope wrap and burnish with a torch to get the tiger maple look. i absolutely love how it turned out. and i believe it will also shoot.
this is a custom 45 remington 700 with experimental barrel , timney trigger, murphy base and seekins rings and bushnell tactical elite scope.

When I first looked at it until I read the same I thought it was curly maple. Well done.

Got to spend sometime over the labor day weekend with new blackhorn rifle working on a 550 yard target and trying every possible bullet and blackhorn load possible and cleaning between shots and shooting fouled barrel.
After 75 rounds fired.

The final load was my go to load at beginning of day.
270 emax and cleaning between shots and 105 gr by weight blackhorn.
Would consistently shoot just under moa.
So a friend stopped bye and he had a skoal can.
I told him i could hit that can i 3 shots and was feeling very good about statement.
Cold gun clean bore and 3 shots fired.
ALMOST!! Group was 4.125"

Are you finding that every 5 grains of Blackhorn gives you about 50 fps ? That seemed to be the case with my Hankins with a 27 inch barrel . 90 to 105 grains . 90g 2300fps, 95g 2350fps, 100g 2400fps and 105 was 2450 fps. I have never chronograph anything over a 105 grains . I shot a few 110 grain loads but accuracy was not there so I did not chronograph the load .

Latest posts

Back