The search is over...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
For a bullet in my .45 Elite. This is three shots at 100 yards... first shot is on a clean barrel and the next two fell right in measuring 1". The load is 120 grains of BH209, 195 grain Barnes/Knight red hot in a Harvester smooth blue sabot, and a CCI 209m in the red FPJ. At this speed, these little Barnes should be nasty on critters! :wink:

PICT0068.jpg

Maybe if I were shooting a TC and a Shockwave, but with Knight and Barnes...nahhhh! 8) 8) 8)

I kid because I love. :wink:

flint head said:
Maybe if I were shooting a TC and a Shockwave, but with Knight and Barnes...nahhhh! 8) 8) 8)

So that's why you sold me that Endeavor... :lol:

Did I type that out loud... :shock:

You got that baby set up yet Spencer?

flint head said:
Did I type that out loud... :shock:

You got that baby set up yet Spencer?

Not yet. I got a few items on their way from T/C and I just ordered the Warne base and high rings today from Midway USA. I also have T/C sending me a new trigger guard. The one that's currently on the weapon looks as though it was powder coated or something and the person doing it did a horrible job. There's really small black spots like what happens when you try to spray paint something that's very smooth. And there were a few areas where rust was beginning to form. Did you notice anything like that when you had it? Please don't think I'm blaming any of that on you. It definitely looks like something that slipped by the QC guy at T/C. I told the lady on the phone that this was unacceptable for a weapon as expensive as this one and she agreed to send me a new one free of charge.

Other than that, it's a beautiful weapon. Thanks again for the awesome deal! :D

flint head said:

OUCH !!! :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :roll:

I bought a bunch of them bullets when they were on sale. I don't know why. It might be an illness. Never pass up a bargin and all. Actually I wanted to try them out of my White, but they are too loose. So my other options are load them in a .50 caliber blue sabot and see how they shoot. OR buy me a Knight .45 caliber...

:D

That is some real good shooting there. And I agree, you hit something with that little fireball and it will go down.

I'm not sure what you are talking about Spencer, but if TC's taking care of you that's the main thing... they do have great CS. That gun is going to shoot some awesome groups when your get it going... :wink:

Flint,
What kind of blow back are you getting with that primer (CCI 209 mag) and breach plug (concave FPJ) combination ?

Thanks.. Rob

flint head said:
I'm not sure what you are talking about Spencer, but if TC's taking care of you that's the main thing... they do have great CS. That gun is going to shoot some awesome groups when your get it going... :wink:

Yeah, I have spoken on the phone with T/C 6 times now asking questions and done business with them over the phone twice. They have answered the phone each time and were very courteous and helpful. I have yet to see this bad side of T/C that some people have spoken of.

I should find out this weekend how it shoots for me. I'll post some range results if I do.

Latest posts

Back