The Thrill Of The Still

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarwinsFlinch

Reaction score
Creeping around almost all day with no success, I was working back through a bunch of heavy rose bushes towards my truck. Snapped a twig (which was a bummer) but I gave a little cluck/purr call and froze... this guy stepped out about 30 yards away a minute or two later. I have had better shot placement but this was my first muzzleloader season and I had adrenaline pouring through me like I have not felt since I was pretty young. This could become an addiction.

IMG_4978.JPG IMG_4977.JPG

I don't begrudge anyone taking game however they want, but my granddad once said that using a stand or a blind was ambushing, not hunting. Always stuck with me.
Depends how much property someone has to hunt. I love still hunting, but rarely get the opportunity because most parcels I hunt are between 30 and 50 acres. Even the public land here in N IL is genearly no more than a couple hundred, and then there are the other hunters I would be piss ing off.

Creeping around almost all day with no success, I was working back through a bunch of heavy rose bushes towards my truck. Snapped a twig (which was a bummer) but I gave a little cluck/purr call and froze... this guy stepped out about 30 yards away a minute or two later. I have had better shot placement but this was my first muzzleloader season and I had adrenaline pouring through me like I have not felt since I was pretty young. This could become an addiction.

View attachment 29138 View attachment 29139

View attachment 29138 View attachment 29139
Taking a deer while still hunting is very rewarding. Congrats!

Back