THE WORST BUSINESS PRACTICE?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregK1

Reaction score
Some of you have seen my post stating that I picked up a Knght. If you did you probably also saw my comment that I hate to do business with them. There are several reasons but I wanted to share this one.

I've seen some bad business ideas & practices but this has to be one of the worst. Knight's very first concern is making money & customer service is their very last concern. I think the following posted statement on their website proves it. This is what you find when you loo into an online order.

Lead Times for Online Orders
All orders placed on knightrifles.com require a 7-10 business day lead time before the order will ship. Orders placed outside of our office hours will begin processing the next business day. Please be advised that selecting faster shipping methods (UPS Ground or Air) does not reduce the processing time. Knight does offer limited rush processing for an additional fee. Customers interested in rush ordering will need to call us at 1-866-518-4181 during business hours, which is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm EST.​

I'll have to disagree, Greg. As a purchasing agent, purchasing manager and materials manager with over 40 years experience I prefer a legitimate lead time that the vendor will meet to a promise of quick shipment followed by delays.

I do think that up to 10 days to ship a catalogued item seems long but if there are multiple configurations available, then parts are inventoried as components and assembled upon receipt of order/funds. I don't know this to be the case and have never dealt with Knight, I'm just relaying my experiences and a possible scenario.
TC

FLINTLOCKS and ROUNDBALLS - the original rock and roll

And I have to respectfully disagree with you. It may have made sense for you or even worked for you in your circumstance but in any case that is a company looking out for itself & NOT taking care of the customer. In this day & age of technology there is NO reason for a lead time for orders. As a matter of fact it should be faster now than ever before. I've purchased items from a lot of companies, sold items from my own business & have never run into this "need" anywhere else.
I really believe ( and maybe I'm wrong ) that most customers if they're told it will take 7-10 days before we'll ship you order (unless you want to pay us more money as Knight says) will say No thanks......I'll buy it somewhere else. That's what I did & will continue to do.
Greg

And that is the basis of an market economy.

FLINTLOCKS and ROUNDBALLS - the original rock and roll

I own a knight mountaineer mzl and I have to agree with Greg.Its like pulling teeth from an old mule.Cva has one of the best CS that I have dealt with.Even though I still uae my knight,I too go other pkaces for knight products.

A while back I ordered a new Wolverine that was on sale at Knight. The money was taken from my bank account on the day I ordered it. They said i'd get an email when it was shipped. I saw the 7-10 days when I ordered it, but was hoping it wouldn't really take that long.
 On the 12 day I called them up, and asked what the holdup was on an item that was on sale, and assumed it was in stock. I didn't get an answer that satisfied me, and cancelled the order. If I ever had to send the gun in for warranty, or just order parts now and then I didn't want to deal with them.

Other companies can ship the same day, or the next day at the latest. No reason for how Knight does business.

Knight has not been like that for me I've order two guns this year and one was the new 45 cal mountaineer 1-20 twist  they only made 25 of and came in a week and other parts. I've done this for years.

A couple years ago I ordered a stock over the phone & it took 5 or 6 weeks to get it. Yes....it was in stock. When I called to inquire the girl said it had shipped but couldn't give me any numbers to track it. She did call me later to say "I don't know why that happened but nobody pulled the order"

This latest Knight company seems to have plenty of excuses for everything they get wrong without striving for any customer service. They have a definite "our way or the highway" attitude. Is it because they are severely understaffed? Maybe, but then again, it's never wrong to do the right thing......especially when customers make their paydays possible.

I haven't done an online order with them & when I went to their website the other day & saw this note posted by them, it was just another nail in the coffin of reasons not buy from Knight & to look elsewhere for the stuff I need. Personally I can't think of a better way to turn off a customer than that particular posting. I'm sure that they don't wait 7-10 days to take the money out of your account. 

Greg

They waited about an hour to take the money from me. Probably out to lunch.

Latest posts

Back