.... THIS BULLET STILL HAS ME..............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:? :? :?

sightingin30April11083.jpg
sightingin30April11082.jpg
sightingin30April11074.jpg

sightingin30April11066-1.jpg
sightingin30April11077.jpg
sightingin30April11079.jpg

sightingin30April11078.jpg

The doe was walking left to right and I led her a step to much. She was 73 yds away and I caught her right in front of her right shoulder. Blew out her throat and everything in it. She went down 3 times and got up. Found her about 40 yrs away. Exit hole speaks for itself.
Buck was walking left to right at 65 yards. Could him in the rib and the bullet tore up the lungs. It then hit the other side of the rib cage and broke a few ribs. and made a nice exit hole..... WRONG :!: :!: :!: Bullet never broke the hide. The guide put his index finger in the hole and found nothing. We checked all the entrails and found no bullet or fragments. It's like the magical bullet. It did not exit. The exit hole for the doe speaks for itself. I will continue to use this bullet becasue I have a lot of them. When I run out I may go back to the Barns Spit-Fire T-EZ's 290 grain. But the other side of the coin is, DEAD IS DEAD :!: :!:
The bullet did do that........
Ray, aka......Hawgslayer :wink:

what bullet and powder charge were you shooting? Congratulations on all the venison you made.

AERO LITES 300 GR'ers.
BLACKHORN 209 - 110 GRS.
FIOCCHI Primers 616 - 209

Dead is Dead but I see nothing here that the 290g TEZ wouldnt do...

come on, you sure the spent slug on the buck didn't fall in with the gut pile when you were taking all that out? had to go somewhere.......from the size of that exit hole on the doe I would think the slug was still put together.

:?

We both looked because I wanted to know myself what was happening with this bullet. Couldn't find anything. Been thinking about this since it happened and I think what could have happened is that the remains of the bullet hit the hide and just kept going between the hide and the rib cage. When the guide stuck his finger in the hole he just couldn't go far enough. Thats my guess.....

Ray....... :? :?: :? :?: :?

I guess .....Would think there would be some kind of sign of that as you removed the cape

:D

Didn't skin it out. Brought it to the processor and they skin it. Wish I would have done it now...... :cry:

Ray

Latest posts

Back