Those that ordered the Spit-Fire TMZ directly from Barnes...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Keep us posted as to when you get yours please! Barnes SAYS it will be available February 2006. Well, it is NOW Feburary 2006! :D I'll post as soon as I get mine!

They are going into production late this month . . . after QC, packaging, etc., you can add about three weeks to that before they are generally available.

The Barnes Originals are due out a week or so earlier.

The sales rep at Cabelas was misinformed therefore I was too! I have had TMZ's and Expanders on backorder for 3 weeks. If the factory is going to ship in late February, I probably shouldnt look for mine until....?

RandyWakeman said:
They are going into production late this month . . . after QC, packaging, etc., you can add about three weeks to that before they are generally available.

The Barnes Originals are due out a week or so earlier.

So I guess Barnes moves at the speed of a wounded gerbil TOO! :lol:

Well, it is not exactly like waiting for a White Alpha, bonded Shockwaves, or the A&H lever action. :shock:

The Spit-Fire T-MZ's are a nice looking bullet. BUT, if they have the same diameter and use the same sabot that the regular Spitfires use, then I'll probably not be able to use them in my Savage due to the extremely tight fit. And, because of the boattail design, you're pretty well stuck with using the provided sabot. :roll: Why didn't Barnes just make it with a flat base and then we could have tailored the fit to any gun? :? Would have seemed like the right thing to do for a muzzleloading bullet, don't you think? :think:

Oh, "survey says" chicks dig polymer tips and boat tails, or something like that. :partyman:

Like any major maker of dedicated muzzleloading bullets, they want to sell the sabots as well. You might see loose SST's, Bonded Shockwaves, or SSB's one day-- but it isn't that likely.

As for availability, it varies. Winchester had .40 caliber Platinum Tips in their catalog for years-- none were ever sold. Now, both Platinum Tips and Partition Golds are discontinued, and Winchester is out of the muzzleloading bullet business for the time being.

RandyWakeman said:
Now, both Platinum Tips and Partition Golds are discontinued, and Winchester is out of the muzzleloading bullet business for the time being.

I just got an email from them a month or so back saying they were still current product. :?

RandyWakeman said:
Olin called yesterday and said "discontinued." :cry:

Dang it. :evil: Well I better conserve what little I have left and get a few more if I can find em. May have to use a Barnes on a pig.

Sorry about posting from this account. I'm not at home and don't like using my account with it's admin privledges on computers not my own. We're going tactical on snow geese. I was gonna go shooting today but it's too windy.

Patrick

Sorry, last post was me. I use the account for seeing things the way members do since admin shows a bunch more stuff. :wink:

I'm involved with a club in DE and we do a fair bit of snow hunting ;)

Here's a photo I took this season from a layout:

album_pic.jpeg

That looks like what we see when we see em. There are thousands of them in most of the bunches we see.

Latest posts

Back