Ticks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redclub

Reaction score
For you folks who train or hunt your dogs in tick infested territory. The finest product I have seen is Bronco by Farnam. It is sold in the horse section of your farm store. It can be bought for under $5.00 and it is a large spray type bottle. It says on the bottle for dogs also. You can also go in the dog section and by it for double the price. I also use it for my clothes. Spray the dog before and after the hunt (each day) around the chest,neck and ears and it will kill all the ticks. You can also use frontline but that takes days to kill the ticks. In Northern Wi. we have tons of deer ticks which carry Lyme disease and this sure works. After you are done you can take a comb and run through dogs hair and thats all you will find is dead ticks.
Redclub

Thanks for the tip! I was out by the pond the other day, and had a tick fall off my shirt in the kitchen. It wasn't engorged, and it was thin, but it was almost the size of a dime diameter wise!

Thanks Redclub, Ourway77 said he shot a couple deer on crop damage permits recently, and they were covered with ticks, so many on there ears they were bleeding. Supposed to be a bad year around these parts.

Al

Around here (WI) they are terrible I had 7 of them on me when I went for my morning walk and that was in the fields.
As far as deer go. At this time of the year deer have a ton of ticks on them. They suck the blood for reproduction and then fall off. In the fall they get a few of them on but not near as bad. During our bow season we find them but during gun/ML seasons there are none. We have Lyme disease here (I had 2 dogs get it) but it doesn't affect the deer. They have a built up immunity.
Redclub

My old Labrador got Lyme's and can not shake it. He went through all the medicine to treat it, but they said because of his age he can not rid himself of the disease so it is a matte of time for him. The worst part is, he had his Lyme's shot, and he had collars and even frontline and still ended up getting the disease. The ticks really are terrible in Wisconsin.

I never heard of the stuff your talking about. Do they sell it at like the Coop or perhaps some of the feed and grain stores?

sevenwood.jpg

Cayaca In Wi they sell it at all the Fleet farm stores.
Works great

I will check that out next time I am in a town that has one... thanks.

Back