Toes are cold!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is very hard to keep feet warm when standing still. Blood circulation is low. Best bet would be to get yourself a heating pad and stand on it, but put it on a sheet of plywood unless you want to get shock therapy lol.

Been darn right cold here in Iowa as well, but cast up some .429 yesterday in the sunshine, and a few .360s this morning in the garage. Think I am done for the day outside, going to load up some 000 buck shot loads with the .360s!
IMG_20221225_105936760.jpg

Did up some 000 buck shot loads, and 2 buck and ball loads using a .690 rb and 3 .360s or 000 buckshot. These are also trial loads for me as I am using Graf's reenactor powder as they recently had it on sale. I went with 100 grains.

IMG_20221225_135409949.jpg

We called them Mickey Mouse boots
Two different types, the Black Mickies are rated to -20 and the White Bunnies are rated to -60. Not to be smart but they are different. I much preferred the N1B Mukluk in Alaska or the Canadian Forces Mukluks. Mickies and Bunnies are fine when stationary, and Muks don't work in wet climates.
Sua Sponte!

Last edited:
Two different types, the Black Mickies are rated to -20 and the White Bunnies are rated to -60. Not be smart but they are different. I much preferred the N1B Mukluk in Alaska or the Canadian Forces Mukluks. Mickies and Bunnies are fine when stationary, and Muks don't work in wet climates.
Sua Sponte!
Some of the good cold weather ones had air ports to fill them with air to surround your feet when i was in back in the 60's

Back