Traditions "Pioneer" Pistol Loads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smyrnagc

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
I acquired a Traditions "Pioneer" 45 caliber pistol and would like some input on loads. I have round balls for it and some Swiss 2f. Just looking for input about what has worked for those with percussion pistols.

Thanks

I am in the same boat, I just picked up an unfixed Jukar .45. I have suggested starting loads of 20 or 25 grains of FFFG and a .015 or .018 patched .440 round ball. As soon as it warms up a tad I will take it to the range and try those and report back.
Its below 10f here this morning, to cold for the range for me.

Attachments

• C2C0B220-8973-45E5-A71C-A35F6FA70B22.jpeg
    C2C0B220-8973-45E5-A71C-A35F6FA70B22.jpeg
    853.3 KB · Views: 2
now that rely look,s cold even on my screen. and I am bitching because it is 18 above here in NEW ENGLAND! now I feel warn & fuzzy!!

Well Toot, I live in Vermont. And this is last years picture. We have 4-6” of snow on the ground, and it was 9f this am. Pretty tough to shoot a muzzleloader in this cold if you need to use your fingers. Sucks for me, I just bought a new gun!
The picture is of 17 deer in my daughters hayfield a few days ago.C1371465-209B-45BD-A7E9-93D5707867A1.jpeg

I acquired a Traditions "Pioneer" 45 caliber pistol and would like some input on loads. I have round balls for it and some Swiss 2f. Just looking for input about what has worked for those with percussion pistols.

Thanks
If you will PM me, I have a copy of Pedisoli SUGGESTED BLACK POWDER LOADS .
It is 9 pages PDF.

Merry Christmas to all.
I hope I got to everyone that wanted a copy of the Pedisoli Load chart.
It covers all the BP Guns that they make.
May God bless you and your family.
Go make smoke :-})

The forum software is setup so you can attach a pdf file to a post. Just as an example here is a T/C Black Diamond manual in pdf.

Attachments

• Thompsoncenter Black Diamond.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back