Traditions Pursuit LT

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkey

Reaction score
Ok...traditions pursuit lt shooting great at 50 yards with 100 grain triple 7 pellets. 100 yards its every where. Shooting the sst ez load 250 grain. I think it is a sabot issue. What bullets and sabots combo have you found good to shoot in this gun. I prefer it be a store bought package match so that I can assit a buddy in a crunch time to get the gun shooting a good 2-3 inch group at 100 hards...I so hate teh easy anything type sabots these days...thanks

I just got to shoot my traditions yukon this weeked and tried the 3 petal ez load sabots with parker jaketed hydracons. Loaded rather easy. It didn't like that combo with 3 inch groups at 50 yards. I put the same bullet in a mmp short black and it tightened up to about 1" at 50. Ran out of daylight, so I will have to go back and try some more, I have some 250 gr .452 XTP's on the way, which I hope will work well with the mmp short black sabot.

Most of the time I found that if the rifle is shooting acceptable groups at 50 yards but as you move out it starts to open a lot it can be blamed on a number of things.

First try to reduce the powder charge a little. Since you're shooting powder this might not be easy. Some rifles like 80-90 grains of powder with certain bullets. Others like a more powerful powder charge.

Second change sabots.

Third is often times shooters error. It seems some times the distance can intimidate shooters and they choke. Now I am not saying that is the case with you. Personally I would suspect the sabot or powder charge..

Latest posts

Back