Traditions Vortek (old model) question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a traditions vortek, i reckon the one I have is an older model, it has a hammer, the new ones i see how no hammer. That being said i am looking for a new barrel for mine. The one i got is rusted up pretty terrible. I was wondering if anyone knew if the newer model barrel would fit my older model. Thanks for the help guys. my current barrel on it is 28" and has some ports in the end.

I contacted Traditions for a similar situation and was told they do not sell just the barrel and I was unable to get my strikerfire barrel to fit properly. Maybe with some filing down it would work but I didn't want to chance it.

thanks for the response Phalanx guess im out of luck. I sent an email too im sure ill have the same result. Really appreciate it, glad i didn't go through the trouble. I looked everywhere and cant find an older model barrel.

They do pop up at times on ebay or Gunbroker via the GunBusters seller.

Even if you donfind one you may have to file the "shank" where the barrel mounts to the roll pin to get it to close and/or pull the hammer back.

Latest posts

Back