Traditions Yukon

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vabowhntr

Reaction score
Should be delivered today! I have been curious about the design, and just couldn't pass it up for $100 NIB. Now to see what she likes. I am thinking about 80 gr of t7 2f and 250 gr SW or XTPs. Have a lot of different sabots to try. Anyone know what weaver base works for this one?

vabowhntr

Good purchase!

I am thinking about 80 gr of t7 2f and 250 gr SW or XTPs. Have a lot of different sabots to try.

Sounds like a great place to start - course I am a Nosler - Gold Dot fan...

mike

i like the Yukon, simple little rifle and handles nicely. The action is a little odd but still something fun and affordable to play around with.

I have seen a person at one of the shoots using one. He told me he shoots 80 grains of T-7 2f and a 250 grain Shockwave. All I know is he was shooting at the 50 yard line with open sights and doing a heck of a job on that bulls eye.

Cayuga,

That makes me feel better, I was thinking about using this in the woods where my shots would be less than 50 yards or so and keep the powder charge light. (I have an omega for the long range shooting around the fields.) It seems like it would be a handy little gun for that and I really like the simplicity of the design. I handled one a week ago up at Fin Feather Fur and liked the way it felt, but it was almost two hundred up there. Kicked myself all the way home for not buying the stainless disc elite in .45 for $199 that was for sale, but I already have a couple of .45's....

Not sure about the open sights on the gun, but I will be putting a little 4x on it anyway. Just need to find the right mount and I will be in business.

Not finding much in the way of reviews on the Yukon, has anyone else had experience with them?

pretty sure the yukon has a good set of tru glow sights on them. I remember them being very easy to see. I handled a camo/nickel yukon for a little over $200. Even thats not a bad price.

The "drop block" could use a squirt or 2 of moly lube to help ease it up.

I think you would need a weaver 418 base, thats all they list on their webiste.

I've had a yukon for a little over a year now. Don't shoot it too much, but it really does well with 100 grains of pyro rs and a 240 xtp or 300 xtp. Took a small buck last year with it and the above load with the 240 xtp. Just switched the 4x scope that was on it for a 3-9 that I took off of my .270 wsm so I need to sight it in again. Haven't had any problems with it.

Good luck.
Cory.

Dalberg- Thanks for the number on the base, I will check the local shops tomorrow. I was at Dick's today and they didn't have that one that fit any of the traditions they sell, except for the Gorilla from TC, which was too much $$ since I have plenty of warne rings laying around to use.
Coryj- Sounds like a similar load to 85 gr of t7 2f, so hopefully I will be in the ballpark.
FG- I will try the moly lube on the block and the trigger and see what I get. I hear the block might get enough blowback to gum it up after a few shots. It won't matter while hunting, I will have to see how easy it is to wipe off while at the range.
I hope to have a review after this weekend!

I haven't experienced any blowback problems on the block, even after extended range sessions with 20+ shots. Only swabbed the barrel between shots and made sure the breech plug stayed loose and didn't get stuck.

You'll like this gun, it's a good little shooter.

I hope I experience the same thing with no blowback. I don't have any on my omega that makes it very pleasant to shoot. If I can get it to shoot with 80 to 85 gr of t7 2f or (or perhaps bh209), this might become my go to gun. I really liked the way it felt at the shop. I'll have to mount the scope and see how it feels and shoots. I will let you know after I have a chance to put some rounds downrange.

Latest posts

Back