Triple 7 3f

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Triple Seven is old stuff bought on sale at Mao Mart after season sales. It was manufactured in 2005 and earlier, methinks there was no 3F designation back then.

i shoot 70 and 80 grains of Triple Seven in my conventional rifles and up to 100 grains in my #11 equipped in lines. Couple times i had some crud ring do to failure to completely remove oil from the bore.

I was shooting t7 ffg yesterday with CCI #11 mag caps and was getting faint crud rings. I will be switching to standard #11s next time. Wish i could find some Swiss locally.
I too had crud rings in the 36 cal using T7 3F with the RWS plus caps. I was using Pyxodex 3 F and CCI Mag caps with very little noticeable crud ring even after 5 shots. ??

I use to shoot my Whites all the time with Pryodex P and with RWS #11 caps and never experienced a crud ring. P leaves a oily film in the bbl and Breech plug area in the receiver area. But I use to shoot as many bullets as I wanted without having to swab my bore. You just had to clean your bbl as soon as possible when you got home!

I've used 777 with #11 caps. On really cold days I've experienced some hang-fires. Not too big a deal if shooting off sticks, but it seemed to fix it when I went to Winchester Magnum #11's. I haven't seen any of those caps for several years now. Hopefullly, they haven't stopped making them.

I didn't know they made 777 in 3FG until recently. I purchased a can without realizing it,and it took a while to realize why my rifle was shooting differently.

Latest posts

Back