Triple Se7en magnum pellets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesheba

Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that two of these are the same as 100 grains (volume) of 2F T7 loose powder?

magnum pellets

Its more like 100 grains of loose fffg triple 7. You should get approx 1950' per sec. shooting a 250 gr bullet.

Should be the same as 2-50gr pellets but i'm pretty sure powder in pellet form has more punch than loose powder.
Frank

jesheba said:
Is it safe to assume that two of these are the same as 100 grains (volume) of 2F T7 loose powder?

Slightly more than that...for me probably 50-75fps more velocity with a 250gr bullet.

Triple 7 Magnums 60 grain equivalent to T7 Loose Powder

Had emailed manufacturer & asked them what the equivalent loose T7 powder charge would be for 1 T7 Magnum Pellet....They replied that the Triple 7 Magnums are a 60 grain equivalent.

Re: magnum pellets

herb said:
Its more like 100 grains of loose fffg triple 7. You should get approx 1950' per sec. shooting a 250 gr bullet.

I don't think this is what they are equivalent to. I went to the range today with some of these 777 Magnum pellets . My usual load is 90 gr of 3F Triple Seven loose powder and a 290 gr Barnes (Knight Ultimate Slam) . After a few rounds to reacquaint myself with my Knight Disk Extreme, I loaded up 2 of the Magnum pellets and my 290 Barnes. Then I loaded a Knight Super Slam with 90 gr of FFF T7 followed by a similar powder charge and a Hornady 300 gr XTP and a Knight high pressure sabot.

The Hornady XTP load and my usual load printed right besides each other and the Magnum pellets load printed about 4-5 inches lower.
The recoil was also lower with the Magnum pellets than my 90 gr of 3F Triple 7. Something else that I noticed is that the pellets seem to be a bit slower to ignite. As for me, I'll stick with my loose powder load.

Gonna Have to start shootin more

Guess I am just not shootin the Front End Loaders enough...

Can really tell the difference tween Pellets - N - Powder...

Will be workin on it in the Off Season (Deer that is), since I plan on going all Black Powder next season (After Bow Season, of course)!

Thanks!

Back